Manager, Quality Control Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, is responsible for providing guidance and supervision to hourly employees in completing testing or testing support activities. Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of work, motivation, training, and problem resolution for his/her team while maintaining a compliant and safe environment. Uses team work and good communication skills to administer personnel policies in accordance with the local bargaining agreement.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the activities involved in conducting testing and/or assaying of, validation, raw material, process intermediates and finished product samples, and is knowledgeable in the analytical techniques for the laboratory(s) they support. Technologies include those in the disciplines of, Virology or other Biological Sciences.
- Responsible for the supervision of hourly employees performing testing. Includes scheduling of work assignments based on priorities, being knowledgeable of cGMP, administration of local bargaining agreement, company personnel policies, OSHA requirements and company safety procedures,
- Promotes teamwork and open communication.
- Responsible for updating SOPs, Process Specific Training Modules, Test Methods, etc.
- Responsible for training personnel to ensure employees are competent and qualified to perform duties, while complying with departmental policies and procedures.
- •Responsible for performing lab work accurately and in a timely fashion. Responsible for critically evaluating data generated and recommending acceptance or rejection of samples.
- Maintain records, develop productivity improvement plans, maintain adequate inventory of supplies, training records, tracking functions such as corrective actions, special projects, etc.
- Cooperates with Merck Manufacturing Division as required to resolve technical problems.
- Supports deviation investigations, out-of-trend results, and test failures associated with product manufacture, release testing, and stability testing.
- Responsible for investigating safety and environmental incidents and near misses. Expected to model a safe culture throughout the laboratory.
- Responsible to improve laboratory quality and/or efficiency of assays, support regulatory inspections and train Laboratory Operations managers and/or technicians.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S/B.A. or M.S in Biology, Microbiology, Virology, Biochemistry, or associated field with a minimum of 3 years post-degree laboratory, manufacturing, or quality control experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in cGMP regulations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work in a team setting.
- Good interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude for continuous learning and analytical problem solving.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience with cell cultures and cell based assays.
- Previous supervisor experience.
Note: Training may be required on 1st shift prior to transitioning to 2nd shift.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality Lab Related
Job Title:Mgr, Quality Control
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 2nd
Hazardous Materials: BL1, BL2
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Microbiology, Manager, Scientific, Law, Science, Management, Engineering, Legal