Manager, Project Management - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
Our sterile manufacturing facility is in Charleston, SC, a vibrant city well-known for its coastal beauty, climate, cultural arts, and thriving business environment. Recently, Charleston received 1st place honors as the “Most Livable City in America” (US Conference of Mayors).
As the Manager, Project Management, you are in a key leadership position for growth and development in the Project Management offices at both Wilmington and Charleston. This position will also serve as part of the site leadership teams, own and report metrics as they relate to the PM and Operations relationship. The Manager will also be a working manager, acting as the liaison for Key Client Product Development and Manufacturing projects at Alcami and is responsible for all assigned personnel management and daily project management and oversight of product development and CMC related activities (formulations, analytical, manufacturing, and packaging).
- Serve as part of site leadership team, participating in strategy, decisions between Operations/Commercial/Quality teams, and driving metric reporting and improvements as assigned;
- Manage the Project Management Office team members at the site, providing coaching and developmental counseling from the appropriate departments (with input from working teams associated with individual personnel);
- Assist as needed in procuring resource assignments from appropriate departments and managing scope of work definition with responsible Project Managers;
- Drive accountability to department defined Leader Standard Work;
- Effectively communicate with Business Unit Leadership Teams and Executive Leadership Team;
- Support potential new business by serving as PM liaison with visiting clients and Business Development and providing appropriate draft timelines ahead of proposal awards;
- Interact closely with assigned customers to ensure project scope and milestones are well defined;
- Build relationships with customers through frequent communication throughout the project and by ensuring their needs are met;
- Appropriately kick off, execute, and close out projects; educate client on company processes
- Ensure team members understand project objectives, specifications, deliverables, timelines and tasks;
- Develop and track the project development plan using MS Project;
- Identify and track critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives;
- Communicate out-of-scope activities both internally and externally;
- Track project budget and implementing Change Orders;
- Facilitate team meetings with client and project team; setting-up sub-team meetings as necessary;
- Drive interdepartmental communications to maintain timelines;
- Provide project status information both internally and externally through the use of project team meetings, minutes, e-mail, teleconferences, and direct communication;
- Maintain Client Dashboard site with current and relevant project information for each Client’s project.
- Ensure the Project Coordinators have current information to maintain the Project Status Sheets and to execute on assigned project activities.
- Actively engage in and support business development efforts through ongoing contact with assigned clients;
- Provide input and feedback to Management on individual team member’s performance;
- Communicate budget related information to Business Analysts to aid invoicing and managing projected revenue;
- · Lead business/project review meetings; support Clients during onsite visits, as needed.
Qualifications for success:
- BS in a scientific or related discipline with at least 5 years of related pharmaceutical experience with at least 2+ years of project management experience managing multi-disciplinary project teams in a service business
- 2+ years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical product development and manufacturing, preferably in a sterile enviornment
- Strong knowledge of FDA regulation/ICH Guidelines, U.S. Drug Development process, Project Management Practices and Tools and ERP, CRM, and Documentation Systems and MS Project.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; proficiency in Word, Excel; strong negotiation/ facilitation skills, strategic thinking and leadership skills; and a strong customer-service focus with the ability to professionally handle multiple priorities.
What we offer you:
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching