Manager Process Engineering - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- As a Line Manager your primary task will be managing all the employees in your subdivision.
- You are aiming for autonomy, you will coach employees and delegate responsibilities to the right people.
- You are sufficiently qualified in your field to be able to make the correct decisions. In particular, your strength and your challenge lies in helping the various experts in your team to excel.
- You know how to organize and set priorities.
- You are able to maintain an overview of and insight into the short term as well as the long term.
- As a Line Manager you will share responsibility with the PSD Director for the translation of PSD policy into a concrete (sub-)division policy and for achieving the set targets.
- Your daily activities will include the following:
- Working towards SPP core results, i.e: Compliance, Delivery Reliability and Financial Strength;
- Implementing an adequate personnel policy with regards to staffing, assessment and personal development;
- Defining, monitoring and managing the necessary resources and technology in the short and medium term;
- Ensuring quality control, for instance by enforcing compliance with the CAPA and Change Control quality systems;
- Monitoring developments in the guidelines of authorities such as the FDA;
- Actively working on market research into the applicability and/or the impact of industry developments.
Where you will work:
- An increased focus on quality, volume and innovation is part of the new structure of the Production Support & Development (PSD) Department.
- The responsibilities of the Line Manager include ensuring the optimal performance of one of the subdivisions of Biochemical Development, Drug Substance or Drug Product.
- This management position requires a proactive attitude to achieving targets and the associated KPIs.
- PSD provides an essential contribution to the core results of company Products, in particular by implementing changes and improvements to process installations and production processes.
- Under the new set-up, the department is organised around a matrix structure directed towards SPP products.
- PSD thus ensures multidisciplinary collaboration with the production department and QA, which results in optimal use of expertise.
We are looking for:
- Completed academic education in the field of Life Science or Biotechnology;
- Sound knowledge of quality systems and project management;
- Multiple years of relevant work experience, of which several years in a leadership role;
- Proven succesful in empowering a team of at least 10-15 highly educated professionals;
- Knowledge of and experience with production processes in an industrial environment;
- A proactive attitude and a strong sense of responsibility;
- Solution-focused, with plenty of initiative, organisational sensitivity, persuasive;
- Strong analytical powers, excellent communication skills.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment and opportunities for personal development.
In addition, we offer the following employment conditions:
- Flexible working hours in consultation with the manager;
- Competitive salary in line with company’s collective agreement;
- End-of-year bonus of 8.33% (equates to an extra month of salary to a full calendar year of service);
- 201 hours of leave for a 36-hour full-time position;
- Good accessibility of the work location and a travel allowance from the first kilometre;
- Collective discount arrangements with various insurance companies;
- Employment conditions selection model: option to put together your own personal package of employment conditions.