Manager, Patient Reimbursement and Assistance Services Operations - United States
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Patient Reimbursement and Assistance Services Operations in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager, Patient Reimbursement and Assistance Services Operations working on the Marketing Operations and Analytics team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
The Manager of Patient Reimbursement and Assistance Services Operations will be a critical role within the organization. They will manage components ofthe non-distribution process for attaining commercial drug, free drug, and patient support. This person will interact with the sales force, market access group, marketing, distribution, legal and other relevant groups. This critical role requires a seasoned professional with experience in managing patient reimbursement and assistance programs and associated vendors in the Bio/Pharma industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to Patient Reimbursement Hub, Financial Support Programs, and related patient support programs. The role will be knowledgeable in patient reimbursement and assistance services and collaborate cross functionally within the commercial organization to implement programs that support Takeda Oncology’s patient access objectives.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Oversee existing patient reimbursement access program day to day operations with a focus on operational excellence in support of patient and brand objectives and Takeda Oncology business requirements.
- Manage external partner performance against contractual arrangements and to budget.
- Maintain program SOPs, workflows, scripting, training and reports. Work with Takeda
- Oncology’s internal Commercial Operations, Legal and Medical teams for approval.
- Develop project timelines for new and enhanced services and manage through to completion.
- Support Field Payer Team reimbursement needs with strong communication and timely customer service to address customer needs.
- Emerging Oral oncology business. Achieve Takeda Oncology’s brand specific patient access objectives and KPI’s and ensure that operations are in place to provide optimal reimbursement support.
- Manage components of patient reimbursement HUB services programs.
- Update and maintain performance dashboards and interpret hub data for purposes of assessing market access trends, hub program utilization, and performance against defined KPIs.
- Update and maintain SOPs and business rules related to Takeda Oncology US patient support.
- Demonstrate fiscal discipline and accountability to effectively and efficiently manage external partners and vendors performance through appropriate metrics.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Requires 5-8 years of experience within the biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working with Patient Access call center HUB operations preferred
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), strategic thinking, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Self-directed, hands-on approach, comfortable with broad and varied job responsibilities.
- Oncology/Specialty experience. Ideally with both oral and injectable products.
- Track record of successfully managing vendor relationships from an operational perspective and achieving results.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access.
- Knowledge of Medicare Parts A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage, payment, coding, Specialty Pharmacy, and buy and bill.
- “Customer First” customer service orientation. Puts the customer at the center of all business activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.