Manager, Operations Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The function of this position is to assure that products manufactured within the Integrated Process Team (IPT) comply with cGMPs, operating procedures, and other applicable regulations.
Position will be 2nd/3rd shift.
Position will support the start-up of a new bulk intermediate vaccine manufacturing facility from IQ/OQ thru commercial manufacturing.
- The responsible person will manage the direct processing of materials and supervise the associated hourly workforce within the integrated process team.
- The position has specific responsibility for motivating the workforce, work performance, scheduling, task coordination, equipment and area preparation, complying with MPD requirements, and administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure materials receiving and verification in the work area, equipment cleaning and set-up, and area cleaning and verification are completed according to procedures.
- Assure that materials are properly handled and equipment is properly operated according to SOPs, guidelines, and regulations.
- Maintain control of processes and product quality by developing appropriate procedures and ensuring compliance with cGMPs, safety and environmental regulations.
- Monitor the manufacturing processes during the shift.
- Enforce the compliance with safety and environmental practices, cGMPs and OSHA regulations in work area.
- Participate in external and internal audits and inspections.
- Initiate the investigation when a quality or safety event occurs during the shift.
- Work with IPT members from Quality and Technical Operations to properly handle unplanned events.
- Ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure that personnel under his/her supervision are properly trained in cGMPs, procedures, good documentation practices and regulatory matters.
- Monitor personnel practices to ensure compliance with SOPs, practices and regulations.
- Participate in design and implementation of training and development programs.
- Supervise and motivate hourly employees.
- Perform performance management and disciplinary process.
- Collaborate with IPT members in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and action plans.
- Support activities in the areas of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, energy conservation, waste minimization, operational excellence and lean practices.
- Bachelor Degree
- Six months experience in responsible line or staff position related to pharmaceutical production or 2 years supervisory experience.
- Facility start-up experience.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Mgr, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 3
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Law, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Operations, Legal, Science, Management