Manager of Supplier Relationship Management - Ireland
- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies. This position will have remit for managing the Global Procurement Supplier Relationship Management Program for externally procured (semi-) finished products.
- This role is directly responsible for managing the transfer of a variety of complex inter-company processes over a number of our company entities.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Leading a team of 7-10 Supplier Relationship Managers.
- Responsible for the successful transfer of several divergent vendor management accounts and processes from other entities to the office.
- Working with the SRM team to standardize current vendor management processes to a global template, taking local product or site exceptions into account.
- Promoting and implementing standard best practices which will ensure that key external vendors of finished goods are correctly managed.
- Processes must ensure that supply issues are anticipated, identified and mitigated as early as possible, that information relating to the performance of our key vendors is transparent, reported appropriately and can aid strategic decision-taking.
- Providing communication regarding interruptions and service issues to key stakeholders. Working as needed in conjunction with the SC Planning team, the Quality team and the Sourcing Manager.
- Leading a team of experienced SRM professionals managing vendor accounts, applying inventory strategies and buffers to ensure service; organizing product flow/optimization strategies with external suppliers to ensure an efficient supply.
- Assigning products or suppliers to ensure effective support of the supply chain as well as employee development.
- Providing regular feedback to employees and monitoring employee performance against job requirements, metrics, and business rules. Provides leadership in process improvement initiatives.
- Managing projects relating to process improvements, product transfers, launches and product life cycle management.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, capable of recruiting and setting up a new team.
- Detailed understanding and experience of diverse intercompany procurement models
- Ability to understand and process map unique pharmaceutical supply chains
- Proven experience in transferring transfer relevant procurement processes, systems and products successfully from other entities.
- Ability to standardize divergent supply chain processes and tools, ensuring that supply chain operations, executed remotely, are scalable and efficient.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ERP-based MRP and Supply Chain strategies, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong customer focus are essential attributes.
- Prior professional experience reviewing and working with supply and distribution contracts desirable
- Ability to coordinate tasks between departments and external suppliers, and ability to lead by example.
- Familiarity with cGxP and demonstrated experience of its application to external manufacturing and shipment processes
- Familiarity with Lean Sigma or similar process improvement methodology is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and company operating departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, business or other relevant field, combined with seven to 10 years of supply chain experience, including at three or more years of management experience.
- Position may require travel, not expected to exceed 10%