This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our company s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
- This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
- With expertise in mammalian, insect and avian cell culture production (anchorage & non-anchorage dependent), live bird vaccine production, embryonated egg vaccine production, roller bottle vaccine production, bioreactor vaccine production and down-stream processing (water in oil emulsions, aseptic filling, lyophilization, etc.), the site supplies and supports products for a wide range of species including poultry, equine, swine, bovine and companion animal.
- The Manager, Clinical Services oversees the daily operation of the animal facility and manages team members responsible for the care of animals.
- Additionally, the Manager, Clinical Services, provides support and expertise to R & D, manufacturing and distribution in support of the USDA veterinary biologics and collaborates with Regulatory Affairs, Quality, EHS (Safety), R & D, GES (Global Engineering), BTS (Bio-Technical Support) and ATS (Analytical Technical Support) to ensure site systems, processes and projects meet or exceed regulatory and company standards.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelor s degree in related area (Animal Science, Poultry Science)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience or team leadership
- Proven people development and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively with peers
- Display strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in computer systems and applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Animal husbandry experience with multiple species
- An understanding of USDA regulatory requirements for the care and use of animals (Animal Welfare Act)
- Must be able to work in an environment that requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including full-face respirator, restrictive clothing, ear and eye protection
- Must possess a valid driver s license
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Certification with the American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (LAT, LATG or CMAR)
- Expertise in handling poultry
- Experience working in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with leading capital projects
- Experience with company systems including SAP, SRM, NOE and Reliance
- Experience with continuous process improvement
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Biotech, Chemical Research, Engineer, ERP, Pharmaceutical, Science, Engineering, Technology
Millsboro DE US
Find a Job Find Candidates