This job is currently Archived,
Manager – Animal Services - United States
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our company’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
- This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
- With expertise in mammalian, insect and avian cell culture production (anchorage & non-anchorage dependent), live bird vaccine production, embryonated egg vaccine production, roller bottle vaccine production, bioreactor vaccine production and down-stream processing (water in oil emulsions, aseptic filling, lyophilization, etc.), the site supplies and supports products for a wide range of species including poultry, equine, swine, bovine and companion animal.
- The Manager, Clinical Services oversees the daily operation of the animal facility and manages team members responsible for the care of animals.
- Additionally, the Manager, Clinical Services, provides support and expertise to R & D, manufacturing and distribution in support of the USDA veterinary biologics and collaborates with Regulatory Affairs, Quality, EHS (Safety), R & D, GES (Global Engineering), BTS (Bio-Technical Support) and ATS (Analytical Technical Support) to ensure site systems, processes and projects meet or exceed regulatory and company standards.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelor’s degree in related area (Animal Science, Poultry Science)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience or team leadership
- Proven people development and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively with peers
- Display strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in computer systems and applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Animal husbandry experience with multiple species
- An understanding of USDA regulatory requirements for the care and use of animals (Animal Welfare Act)
- Must be able to work in an environment that requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including full-face respirator, restrictive clothing, ear and eye protection
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Certification with the American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (LAT, LATG or CMAR)
- Expertise in handling poultry
- Experience working in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with leading capital projects
- Experience with company systems including SAP, SRM, NOE and Reliance
- Experience with continuous process improvement
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Biotech, Chemical Research, Engineer, ERP, Pharmaceutical, Science, Engineering, Technology