Manager, Method Development - Chemistry Wilmington United States,
What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
The Manager, Structural Chemistry, will manage the daily activities of a group of scientists who perform method development/validation, impurity identification, routine and non-routine testing, and characterization of pharmaceutical products using LC/MS and GC/MS analyses in support of pharmaceutical product development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. This role will develop production and resource plans that meet production goals in terms of safety, quality, output, and cost; ensure and conduct proper staff training; and ensure that deliverables are met or expectations are proactively managed towards alternative solutions. This position is located in Wilmington, NC.
As the Manager, Structural Chemistry you will:
- Leads projects, ensuring deadlines are met as well as production goals
- Participates dynamically with clients and other internal partners within the organization
- Develops and executes strategies to improve productivity
- Cultivates a proactive, collaborative, innovative, outward looking, problem solving culture within the group and develops future managers and leaders of the group
- Develop and execute laboratory work plans/schedules independently, using customer milestones and division/site performance standards and metrics
- Reviews technical documents for accuracy, thoroughness and regulatory compliance
- Identifies, proposes and develops new solutions for operational efficiency
- Contributes to development of company's concepts and principles
- Develops unique solutions to complex problems involving evaluation of multiple interacting factors
- Bachelor degree in science or related field; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 10 or more years of experience working in a technical environment, 3 or more years of experience leading technical teams
- Knowledge of cGMP laboratory Testing
- Demonstrated experience managing laboratory budgets
- Proven ability to engage and interact with clients
- Previous experience leading and mentoring scientific staff with technical and performance goals
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written, effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated success in presenting technical information, reporting, operating efficiencies, etc.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mass Spectrometry
- Previous CMO, CDMO, or Pharmaceutical experience
What we offer you:
- In Wilmington, an onsite Learning Center for working parents
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching
Find a Job Find Candidates