Manager, Market Access - Colombia - Colombia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Market Access Manager main responsibilities are to provide aligned strategic planning & design input and implementation of health outcomes programs to support the launch, pricing, and reimbursement for BioMarin products mainly in Colombia (70% of the time), and support market access in new markets by request (Peru, Ecuador, Panamá, Venezuela - around 30% of the time)
- Execute strategies and plans addressing patient-level barriers to product access
- Monitor the reimbursement environment by tracking government policy initiatives and associated commercial implications, and profiling reimbursement environment for marketed and pipeline products
- Utilize key market research, advisory board, and other patient/ field inputs to continually monitor market trends and dynamics and assess their business implications
- Monitor relevant country-specific policy initiatives and associated commercial implications, and profile the environment for marketed and pipeline products
- Collaborate with Territory Managers, Sales Manager and Area Director to analyze the commercial implications of new or pending reimbursement policy and/or legislative proposals potentially impacting reimbursement for BioMarin products
- Participate on brand, government contracts/pricing, and other commercial teams
- To provide local pharmacoeconomic and outcomes research guidance to the product/project development teams regarding drug development in order to maximize commercial opportunities for development products.
- Assist Territory Managers, Sales Manager and Area Director in the preparation and submission of reimbursement dossiers
- Manage and adhere to corporate policies and practices
- Monitor development of government programs for reimbursement of orphan drugs / rare diseases
- Full compliance to company´s Code of Conduct and Legal/Compliance policies
- Establish government relationship with authorities, influencers, stakeholders in showing the importance of the impact of specific treatment for rare diseases
- Influence and engage in long term relationships in and out of the organization
- Innovation to create and enhance new models and programs to support commercial / business
- Patient advocacy – able to keep strong relationship with current patients’ advocacy groups and support the development of other patients’ advocacy groups in other covered countries
- Being responsible for local adaption of corporate market access tools
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or science discipline
- MBA or advanced degree desired
- Full proficiency for English and Spanish communication capacity
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in healthcare product commercialization, preparation of reimbursement dossiers, and interaction with private/government reimbursement agencies
- In-house experience at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization strongly preferred
- Strong background in reimbursement operations; understanding health insurance private and publics plans, interacting with payers to secure prior authorizations and appeal process is strongly desired
- Comprehensive understanding of pharmaceutical product planning and execution, including new product launches.
- Experience with orphan products is a plus.
- Track record of success in achieving product access at the individual patient level and building effective customer relationships
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and the general workforce
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in collaborating effectively with others in addressing complex issues
- Demonstrated success in managing cross-functional projects and teams, as well as demonstrating good analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to interact and positively influence all levels of business across multiple departments is a plus
- Strong persuasive, negotiation skills, and sound business judgment
- Knowledge of medical health in all covered countries is highly appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.