This job is currently Archived,
Manager, Manufacturing Processes & Systems - United States
Posted on : 29 June 2017
- The Global Process & Systems Manager (QM) has primary responsibility to establish a road-map for functional development of the SAP Quality Module based on Business User requirements, drive adoption of the system across manufacturing plants, standardize business processes supporting QM, and monitor use for compliance to internal requirements and effectiveness of the system.
- This position will have a globally distributed team of resources accountable for defining user requirements, executing functional testing, and developing business processes supporting SAP-QM enhancement releases.
- In addition, this position will be integral in the design, implementation and testing of other business systems supporting manufacturing, including but not limited to, LIMS, MES, CMMS and Mii.
What you'll be doing:
- Direct and manage a globally distributed team who are accountable to develop and implement global standards for SAP-QM process execution and business system usage.
- Develop systems, policies and procedures that define and enhance company manufacturing’s SAP business processes.
- Lead and direct assessment of Global Business Processes and Systems within the WW Manufacturing organization and establish business process standards that drive efficiency and economy in Quality Management processes, while maintaining quality and compliance.
- Lead and direct the assessment of manufacturing operations and identify business system requirements (additional systems/enhancements, etc.) that will yield the greatest benefit in margin improvement, inventory reduction, and visibility of operational performance.
- Direct the development of a system to monitor usage and compliance to global standards, and make adjustments as required to continuously improve performance.
- Develop staff to ensure continuous improvement of skills and value to the broader Global Supply Chain organization.
- Identify development needs and opportunities for individuals and the team.
- Manage performance to expectations, ensure HR policies and procedures are followed, and focal reviews, salary reviews, training and succession plans are completed as required.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and assess applicability to company's WW Manufacturing.
What you need for this role:
- The candidate will be qualified to at least graduate level in Manufacturing, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or a relevant discipline.
- Must have sufficient technical and management experience (8+ years) in a manufacturing operation, preferably within healthcare or related GMP industries.
- Experience with SAP PTM business processes or system configuration is essential.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work effectively in a matrix environment where some functions are shared, and communicate effectively with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Lean Methodology is preferred.
- Experience with project management, or implementation of business systems is essential.
- Able to work with a team to identify and solve complex problems.
- Able to execute one on one and group training in business system use.
- Intermediate skills in applications such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to different work groups, work styles, and work environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including presenting to large groups.
- Proven influence and collaboration skills and ability to effectively interact with management to identify, develop, and implement process improvements.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age