Manager Manufacturing Gladskin - Netherlands
- To expand our manufacturing team, we are looking for a manager manufacturing for the production of our endolysin Staphefekt and Gladskin products.
- At its R&D and production facility, our company produces via recombinant technology the active product ingredient Staphefekt, an enzyme targeting just the harmful Staphylococcus aureus-bacterium.
- Staphefekt is formulated in semi-solids (creams and gels) and sold under the Gladskin brand.
- The whole chain of Staphefekt and Gladskin production, quality control, packaging and distribution to end-users.
- The vacancy is a full time position for 40 hours per week
Roles and responsibilities:
- Plan, in collaboration with the marketing and sales department, the production of Staphefekt and Gladskin. This includes management of supplies, production schedules and product inventory(-systems).
- Manage logistics department and implement efficiencies and cost-savings where possible. Maintain and/or implement appropriate software that links customer/sales data and logistics.
- Manage Quality Control department to assure the quality and timely release of the products, in collaboration with QA.
- Set work schedules and direct the activities of employees engaged in production work to meet production goals
- Implement continuous improvement activities via root cause analysis to improve quality, increase production efficiency and productivity.
- Develop, execute and maintain appropriate training schedules for employees
- Manage the team in day to day activities as well as through regular performance evaluations
- Ensure the safety of workers in the organization by setting safety policies for the department
- Ensure robust and continuous operation of equipment by calling for regular maintenance and repairs
- In collaboration with the Director CMC evaluate and qualify new equipment and techniques
- Manage the department budget and ensure that resources are allocated properly
- Prepare production reports (e.g. safety issues in the department, productivity and goals) for upper management staff
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards (e.g. Quality, Health, Safety and Environment, ISO 9001, ISO 14001)
- Support QA in implementing, maintaining and improving the Quality Management System
- Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Life sciences, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years of working experience in a pharmaceutical/medical device manufacturing/fill-finish environment.
- Leadership skills to direct employees toward production goals
- Knowledge of and experience in working in a GMP environment, especially with recombinant protein manufacturing, is an advantage
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- You are enthusiastic, proactive and accurate team player
- Living in, or willing to move to the vicinity (approx. 30 minutes travel time) of the production location
- Our company is a Dutch biotechnology company founded in 2005, has developed a targeted antibacterial technology set to replace antibiotics in multiple areas, including human health and food safety.
- Over the years our company has created a technology platform for generation and industrial production of targeted innovative antibacterial compounds and launched several products for human health and food safety based on its proprietary platform.
- This technology also allows for the eradication of multi-resistant bacteria, like MRSA.