Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ IT department is seeking a Manager of IT, Commercial. This role requires an individual who is skilled in business analysis, technical expertise and project management to design and deliver solutions to challenging problems and enhancements leading to better business outcomes. This position will be an expert in understanding business processes, business data, technology platforms, and integration within the Commercial technology landscape. This position will work closely with the Commercial teams and external consulting vendors to achieve delivery of IT solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Facilitate the identification of business needs and the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed requirements and functional specifications, including process maps.
- Identify and understand the current- and future-state processes to help the Commercial stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change.
- Lead design sessions with the implementation team to design the solution; delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Contribute to the achievement of business goals and develop partnerships with the global Commercial organizations (sales, marketing, managed care, trade and distribution) to design and deliver solutions to business challenges.
- Responsibilities will include strong understanding of technologies for exploratory data analysis, data visualization, and developing metrics, reports and dashboards to drive business decisions.
- Collaborating with both business owners and the business intelligence team to develop meaningful business insights. Producing a variety of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Turning data into actionable business insights using analytics and reporting tools. Write SQL to query large data platforms such as Vertica, SQL server, and other cloud based applications to obtain data necessary for analysis. Combine data as needed from disparate data sources to complete analysis.
- Provide training to and act as technical resource and subject matter expert for team members.
- Lead project teams on projects of small to medium size and scope.
- Demonstrate leadership and strong communication skills; foster teamwork and collaboration.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and have a strong ability to bring order and discipline to projects that engage many stakeholders and delivery partners.
- Experience leading projects using system integrators, global and virtual teams.
- Prepare project and steering committee materials related to projects and ensure compliance with established practices, policies, and processes to ensure successful project delivery.
- Develop, execute and control detailed project plans, schedules, project estimates, budgets, resource plans, and status reports; produce project deliverables such as requirements document, design document, testing and training plans, deployment documentation following the SDLC methodology for Jazz IT.
- Evaluate and select external vendors and manage on-going vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with other IT functions to design and deliver business solutions.
- Demonstrate forward thinking and plan ahead for potential roadblocks; comprehend bigger picture of the business and routinely recommend course of action and/or solution
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments, and leaders within the business to achieve your objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in a complex environment and a proven ability to work with large data sets and to transform data into actionable insights.
- High level of personal accountability, demonstrated leadership experience, and the flexibility to function in a fast-paced business environment that embraces change.
- Strong business and technology acumen to understand the value of business capabilities enabled by IT.
- 5+ years of proven business analysis, business intelligence or project management experience.
- Prior experience in designing, implementing and supporting IT platforms using business intelligence, applications and database solutions.
- Proven experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Customer Relationship Management platform solutions, preferably in Veeva or Salesforce
- Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau
- Master Data Management (MDM) solutions, such as Reltio
- Data mining structured and unstructured data (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science or related degree, MBA is a plus.
Additional Valuable Skills
- Good knowledge of commercial pharmaceutical industry best practices; past experiences in a sales analytics, customer relationship management, or trade and distribution position(s)
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.