This job is currently Archived,
Manager Internal Audit - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health.
- Our company is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure.
- We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy.
- By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential.
- We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
- We are looking for a strong candidate for the position of, Manager, Internal Audit.
- This position will work under the supervision of the Head of Group Internal Audit and is responsible for managing individual audits in Emerging Markets and Europe and Canada.
- The audit covers Compliance and other Operational audit areas.
- The Manager will also support the audit of Global functions, risk themed cross organizational audits as well as specialty function audits.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning, executing and reporting Financial, Operational, IT and Compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with relevant laws, pharma codes and company policies and procedures, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provides supervision of third party co-sourced staff on audits.
- Building and maintaining relationships with audit business partners and customers at the mid and senior level.
- Demonstrate a high level of specialized functional area expertise in a specific line of business (compliance with anti-corruption policies), with moderate expertise across one or more other lines of business.
- Support the Internal Audit Leader to manage the Internal Audit function and conduct audits to IIA standards by
- Managing a moderately-sized portfolio of audit projects and activities of moderate complexity.
- Managing a small to moderately-sized team of internal or co-sourced auditors.
- Leading the successful development, management and end-to-end execution of Audit Plans.
- Assist with the development of the risk assessment and approved Audit Plan.
- Leveraging the risk assessment to determine audit scope and identify risks and results.
- Analyzing and identifying risk areas in order to establish and communicate a strong Audit process that evaluates the controls in place which mitigate risks.
- Writing, reviewing, finalizing and delivering audit reports; communicating audit observations and developing recommendations.
- Tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across organizations and facilitating appropriate corrective action.
- Managing and performing audit activities both directly and with the assistance of third parties.
- These activities include, but are not limited to, defining scope, writing RFPs, planning budgets, setting timelines, obtaining necessary resources, managing and directing internal and external audit team members and holding them accountable for success.
- Managing relationships with third-party vendors, including reviewing qualifications, assessing and revising proposed audit work plans, coordinating the review of documentation, overseeing the interview schedule and evaluating the content and methodology for compiling the final audit report.
- Managing audit files and records, ensuring files are in accordance with Record Retention schedules.
- Identifying current audit and compliance trends by maintaining a relevant knowledge and understanding of accounting standards, regulatory issues and industry updates through consulting with industry counterparts and experts, attending training courses, continuing education, conferences and reading related literature.
- Building external collaborative networks and internal relationships with cross-functional areas to further develop and increase support for the Audit Program.
- Helping to educate company personnel on applicable policies.
- Supporting other Internal Audit teams and Deerfield on an as needed basis for either project-based or operational activities that pertain to global functional consolidated audits.
- Sharing ideas with other members of the team and support critical reasoning with Company, industry and professional standards.
- Performing ad hoc activities as requested by the Internal Audit Leader.
What you should bring:
- CPA, CIA, Bachelor’s Degree, CFE;
- At least 5+ years of experience in Compliance or Internal Audit, with strong understanding of Pharmaceutical industry risks and regulatory requirements defined by FCPA, UK Bribery Act, etc. is essential
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical company strategies and operational processes and risk and compliance management activities to help enable business objectives.
- Ability to lead others in the application of pharmaceutical industry standards and best practices to assess, advise, design, and/or recommend complex, global, regulatory compliance, risk management, and/or internal audit organization structures, policies and procedures.
- Pharmaceutical compliance internal auditing experience is essential (anti-corruption, not QA or regulated).
- Knowledge of current compliance issues facing the pharmaceutical industry, including fraud and abuse issues resulting from interactions with healthcare professionals and reimbursement by government payment programs.
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement, communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Strong team leadership and teamwork demonstrated by creating a positive environment, meeting client expectations, keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill in English – Fluency mandatory
- Additional language skills, advantageous, particularly Russian - highly beneficial
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time