This job is currently Archived,
Manager Internal Audit - Switzerland
Ferring Pharmaceuticals (company)
Posted on : 24 May 2017
- Our company is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets.
- The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopedics.
- Our company has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries.
- Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations.
- It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- A risk based approach to financial and operational auditing is designed to ensure that risks to the achievement of Group goals, long and short term, are identified, managed and controlled.
- Plan audit work which sufficiently evaluates control environments in units of varying complexity using best practice approaches and techniques and local knowledge
- Perform compliance, financial and operational audits in accordance with professional standards for internal auditing
- Present audit results both verbally and in writing to management of the audited unit so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context and understood by the recipients
- Be adept at assessing complex activities to identify potential financial, operational, strategic and compliance risks, which warrant audit and management attention
- Assist in and perform risk assessments and setting up the internal audit and compliance audit plan
- Develop audit programs and apply audit techniques appropriate for the scope of the audit mission.
- Particular emphasis will be on the peculiarities of the business environments in the Asia region
- Assess business processes & strategies and recommend improvements based on international best practices
- Develop and communicate conclusions on the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Provide guidance to management up to Senior Management level on Corporate Compliance and Corporate Governance best practices
- Provide guidance and on-the job training for more junior auditor.
- Support Head Internal Audit in managing and promoting the Internal Audit Function at our company worldwide.
Required Experience & Skills
- 5-7 years working experience including Internal Audit with an internationally operating company (pharma and/or manufacturing) or Senior Manager level Advisory/ Investigation with "big 4" covering several countries in Asia
- University Master's degree in Law and/or Business Administration (engineering background may be suitable if coupled with relevant Internal Audit experience)
- Professional qualifications, such as CIA, CISA, CFE, CPA, ACCA, etc
- Effective verbal and written communication in English. Minimum level of English must be C1
- Additional Asian languages, Spanish and Russian are preferred
- International travel of up to 50% expected
- Experience to work at eye-level with Senior Management and VP level management
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and ERM frameworks
- Knowledge and experience of working in the USA and Middle East
- Current knowledge of industry regulations, with an emphasis on Asia and emerging anti bribery focused laws.
- Working knowledge in Oracle ERP, MS Navision, Data Analytics tools,MS Office
- Experience in risk management, previous exposure to auditing of business strategies and their implementation is a strong plus
- Think "Out-of-the-box"
- Be able to provide best practice and workable solutions
- Provide support to Compliance Investigations