This job is currently Archived,
Manager, Information Management - Reference and Research Services - United States
Posted on : 30 March 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Manager, Information Mgmt. responds to requests for information by assigned, global company stakeholder groups and with database searching, alerting services and training in the optimal use of global Knowledge Center resources. This role partners with internal stakeholders in all regions and functional areas in the identification of information needs and contributes to communications such as newsletters and alerts.
- Provides reference and research services involving clinical, business and government document databases, literature and all other appropriate resources to support the scientific, regulatory and business needs of our company to assigned groups and in support of therapeutic area teams.
- Partners with counterparts in all regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC) on responding to requests for information resources, provides input and expertise in support of Knowledge Center processes and operational excellence.
- Serves as a resource for and champions Knowledge Center technology and portal strategies.
- May be responsible for the creation and dissemination of communications such as newsletters and other high value business relevant information resources.
- Partners with the Knowledge Center Procurement and Systems teams in the identification of information needs and participates in the execution of collection development strategy
- Shares responsibility for having knowledge and being in compliance with copyright laws, vendor licensing restrictions and (EMA, FDA, PMDA, etc.) restrictions in regards to the provision of scientific and business information.
- Contributes in the evaluation, choice and acquisition of databases, websites, journals, books, documents, government documents, contracts, library equipment, library software and technology and their vendors.
- May participate in the development and delivery of training for the company Global Virtual Library (VL) portal, Newsletter and alerting platforms.
- Partners with Knowledge center team leads in implementing process optimization and administration initiatives and in support of a world-class information services function.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in the biological, health, or information sciences from an accredited college/university combined with 2 years experience in a pharmaceutical, academic, hospital, corporate or specialty setting.
- Graduate degree strongly preferred
- 2 years knowledge/information services experience in a pharmaceutical, academic, hospital, corporate setting (includes specialty libraries; associations, museums, etc.).Alternatively, Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program or international equivalent
- Specialization in medical or scientific librarianship and college level biology or chemistry courses
- Expertise and work experience with scientific, clinical, business, regulatory and pipeline databases.
- Product Knowledge – understands medical/therapeutic impact of products; understanding of potential product applications
- Industry Knowledge – understands medicine, the healthcare environment, the pharmaceutical industry and the regulatory environment
- Research Skills - expert Ovid and Internet searching skills and the ability to conduct an expert reference interview and translate the client's question to query the databases accurately and comprehensively.
- Communication Skills - ability to express oneself clearly and concisely to customers over the phone or with others within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience
- Interpersonal Flexibility - ability to adapt to other personalities in a respectful manner that is conducive to goal achievement
- Knowledge Sharing - ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables and models for others to use
- Business Skills - ability to proactively capture, summarize or analyze, package, and disseminate current information to fit the business and scientific needs of individuals and functional or therapeutic groups
- Training Skills - ability to teach effective searching skills; introduce clients to the company Virtual Library (VL) resources.
- Learning Skills - ability to learn new software products, databases, vocabulary quickly and comprehensively, enough to train and support others in their use
- Analytical Skills - ability to identify information gaps, needs, problems or opportunities and then using appropriate information sources, determine the causes and possible solutions to the problem.
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S.