Manager, Industrial Hygiene & Safety Germantown United States,
MANAGER, INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE & SAFETY
What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
Monitors and evaluates occupational safety and health concerns including physical and chemical hazards. Conducts incident investigations. Performs safety training, industrial hygiene monitoring and ergonomic evaluations. Performs safety inspections, investigates incident reports and recommends appropriate changes. Ensures workplace conditions comply with global occupational health and safety standards. Participates in emergency response team and in occupational safety and health audits.
Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
As the Manager, Industrial Hygiene & Safety, you will:
- Develop and maintain Chemical Exposure Management and Industrial Hygiene Programs for multiple sites (Primarily API Sites – Germantown, WI and Weert, Netherlands).
- Implement and maintain EH&S programs and compliance plans such as confined space, electrical safety, lock-out-tag-out, fall protection and hazard communications.
- Maintain, and improve industrial hygiene monitoring programs. Conducts routine and follow up industrial hygiene surveys, prepare reports, recommend improvements and communicate findings to site leadership.
- Train employees on all EH&S programs and maintain documentation of same.
- Respond to emergency situations involving physical, chemical and other hazards.
- Maintain EH&S records and documents.
- Serve as potential contact for all regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, and reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences discipline or EH&S related discipline with minimum 7 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally (15%) to different sites and provide support as needed.
- Candidates with 10 years or more relevant experience will be given preference.
- Certification industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with extensive IH experience.
- Experience includes working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading EHS team and/or behavioral safety programs.
What we offer you:
- Profit sharing bonus plan.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one.
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it.
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching.
About our facility:
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
Find a Job Find Candidates