Manager Human Resources Senneville Canada,
Charles River (company)
We are looking for an experienced Manager, HR & Total Compensation for our Montreal-based safety assessment facility.
Under the responsibility of the Director, Human Resources, this individual will be responsible for the implementation and administration of total compensation programs aligned with business objectives. They are also responsible for managing group insurance, health and wellness programs and the employee HR service center. They will monitor the implementation of new HR solutions and the validity of data. They also advise and train HR managers and business partners on the approaches and strategies to be deployed in terms of overall compensation in Canada. Finally, they will ensure compliance with the rules and governance related to this area of expertise.
- Implements, communicates and deploys Canadian total compensation programs in collaboration with the US parent company. Ensures the communication, application, monitoring and control of these programs including job evaluation, employment conditions policies, recognition programs, group insurance and other benefits.
- Ensures the planning and coordination of annual processes (compensation reviews, variable remuneration programs), and ensures the monitoring of the relevant reference markets in order to maintain the desired positioning of the salary structure, other overall compensation practices in accordance with organization, in order to position as an employer of choice.
- Establishes and ensures the level of services of the employees' HR service center and ensures the definition and implementation of efficient work processes.
- Oversees the designs and implements employee health and wellness programs and measures their impact.
- Assures liaison with disability and workers compensation cases management provider; oversee payroll management.
- Manages relationships with various vendors, including contract negotiation and renewal.
- Keep track of HR performance indicators and scorecard.
- Participates in the budget planning of the Human Resources department and ensures monitoring of expenses in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources.
- Manages, supervises and develops members of the team.
Minimum Requirements for Managers, HR and Total Compensation
- University degree in HR management or in an appropriate discipline.
- CHRP or CCP certification is an asset
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience including 5 years in total compensation, including a minimum of 5 years as a manager.
- Experience in a global organization is an asset.
- Ability to analyze and make a significant contribution to problem solving.
- Organized, structured and rigorous, and able to manage change.
- Previously recognized for your team spirit, creativity and ability to handle ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Bilingual (French / English) both spoken and written
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be accepted as a substitute meeting the qualifications.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical development with exceptional Safety Assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenge and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year, approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early contract research firm (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diversified portfolio of Discovery and Safety Assessment services, both Good Laboratory (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients, from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also offers a suite of products and services to support our clients clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With more than 11,000 employees in 70 locations in 18 countries around the world, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies, hospitals, and academic institutions around the world. By 2016, our revenues were up 23.3%, to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are committed to improving the quality of people s lives. Our mission, our excellent science, and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of FDA-approved drugs in 2016.
For more information, visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (man / woman / person with a disability / veteran).
Find a Job Find Candidates