This job is currently Archived,
Manager, Healthcare Development - France
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- Almost one patient over two treated for RMS are treated by company products in France.
- Our responsibility is that these patients are optimally treated and followed.
- To help HCPs offer the best quality of care, our company helps them structure their offer to meet the patients’ needs, improve the quality of care and the patients’ pathways.
- The purpose of the role is to build insight and intelligence for centers of excellence*/priority stakeholders within the MS therapy area (and other future therapy areas when needed) and use this knowledge to develop and implement national and regional programs and solutions to improve the organization/quality of care.
- The results should be meaningful and impactful in order to be communicated to the Authorities and published in peer review journals and congresses.
- As Public Health Project manager, you will be working in partnership with the key actors and deciders (excellence centers personnel, patients’ representatives and regional payers) in the development and implementation of national/regional programs and solutions, together with the other company departments, as needed (Medical, Marketing and Sales, Decision support, Biosimilars Business Unit).
- You will build a thorough knowledge of the government plans and priorities such as PNMD and of the public health system at regional level.
- You will investigate the care organization of the defined areas (regional offer in matter of care, patients’ needs, regional health care objectives and contracts) in order to select and tailor the projects to the public healthcare needs.
- You will gather insight from the stakeholders, identify potential improvements and barriers, adapt the national projects to the regional need and coordinate the projects deployment in the centers of excellence, following the Department strategy. You will be responsible for project follow-up and monitoring, monitoring metrics and continuous evaluation.
- You will valorize the results locally and in other regions, communicate them at meetings and the achievements should become the standard of care.
- You will be the expert of the team on some subjects and, as such, you will be responsible on the intelligence and you will provide advice and awareness when needed.
- Centers of excellence mean centers dedicated to specific diseases and recognized as such by the Authorities
Develop knowledge of the national Health care priorities
- Understand the government’s plans and its consequences at regional level
- Understand the priorities set in PMND and leverage the opportunities in improving the care at regional level
Develop knowledge of the regional Health care system
- Identify the key stakeholders, deciders and health care organizations (hospitals , networks …)
- Identify the regional priorities and agreements between health care organizations and payers
- Understand the patients pathways through quantitative data (PMSI, regional patients databases …)
- Create a map of the actors and deciders of the region, share it with the other field persons of company (ABM, CAM, MSL…) to be sure to be aligned
- Measure the efficiency of the patient pathway and identify improvements
Deployment of the national programs and solutions offered by company
- Understand the details of the programs developed at a national level,
- Identify the key opportunities and barriers vis a vis the programs/solutions at regional level,
- Adapt and deploy the programs, to meet the regional needs in line with company objectives : drive all aspects of project management including local approval, compliance, deployment, evaluation and learning outcomes
- Follow the projects, organize the necessary meetings (internal/external), monitor the metrics/indicators
- Communicate internally and externally on the projects and achievements
- Protect the customers and the company by ensuring that all actions comply with codes of practices and regulations, including data privacy (databases…)
Identify potential local/regional programs
- Based on the understanding of stakeholders and of regional/national plans and policies, identify the needs for improvement in key accounts and propose relevant actions/projects to his hierarchy
- Deploy these actions after internal approval and inform/train his colleagues on the matter if needed
- Deep knowledge of the health care system at national and regional levels : knowledge of current and future organizations structures, policies and procedures
- Expertise in project management
- Work independently while collaborating with territory partners and cross functional teams
- Proactively address emerging problems collaborating with internal partners
- Analytical ability, self-confidence,
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives on autonomy with ability to organize prioritize and manage own workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key customers, co-workers, managers and other day to day business contacts
- Experience of implementing business plans
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Drive and desire for success
- 5 years’ experience in relevant role in health care system or as a Consultant in public health care
- 3 years in similar health care projects management
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work well with cross functional teams
- Advanced degree preferred in pharmacy, medicine, public health, management, or economics or equivalent combination of education and experience (Doctor, Pharmacist, Nurses…)
- Engineer in health care systems and organization
- Fluent in French and English (both oral and written)
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
Job Segment: Biotech, Marketing Manager, Manager, Project Manager, Science, Research, Marketing, Management, Technology