Manager, Global Security Technology & Projects - United States
|External Posting Title||Manager, Global Security Technology & Projects|
|Job Description||The Global Security Technology & Projects Manager will primary be the technical lead for the enterprise wide physical security software and platforms. The Technology & Projects Manager is a key member of the Global Security team that will partner and provide support for each of the Biogen facilities and Security Operations by providing technical support and innovative solutions to enhance the team’s daily operations and abilities.|
• Responsible for managing all systems and programs utilized by the Global Security.
• Responsible for the management of the enterprise access control systems
• Responsible for the management of the enterprise video management systems
• Responsible for the management of the mass notification systems
• Responsible for the management of the enterprise incident reporting system
• Responsible for the management of the enterprise visitor management system
• Responsible for quality assurance and troubleshooting of technical and equipment issues
• Responsible for the management and development of technical standard operating procedures
• Responsible for programming, testing and commissioning access control projects
• Responsible for the management and development of system and technical training guidelines
• Provide project management and coordination of innovative solutions used to mitigate risks and threats.
• Development of strategic partnerships within Biogen and vendors.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
• 5+ years security management experience within a global organization with international experience
• Excellent working knowledge of configuration and management of the Lenel Onguard access control enterprise system
• Excellent working knowledge of Security Video Management systems
• Understanding of network protocols, infrastructure and configurations
• Understanding of SQL and Crystal Reports
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent understanding of a broad range of security risks and mitigation strategies
• Excellent communication skills for dealing with all levels of personnel, from executives to staff
• Experience with installation of turnstiles, card readers, biometrics, video surveillance and surveillance technology
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
• 10 years of increasing Security-related responsibility within the public or private sector Professional Board Certification (CPP, CISSP, PSP, PCI or alike) preferred.
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in Law, Criminal Justice, Security Management or related field or the international equivalent. A graduate degree or international equivalent in Business, a plus.|
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Biotech, Manager, Technology, Security, Science, Management