- We are seeking a Manager, Formulations for our Safety Assessment site.
- The Manager, Formulations will manage all aspects of the formulations laboratory operations and personnel, as well as serve as the primary point of contact in matters pertaining to area of responsibility within the laboratory and be responsible for adherence to established guidelines of this area.
- In a typical day, you can expect to manage activities of the formulations laboratory including administrative tasks, meeting financial objectives, meeting study milestones, training, and coordinating activities between the laboratory and other groups within and external to the formulations department.
- In addition, you will also manage personnel (hiring, promotions, transfers, scheduling, training and development, providing direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions, preparation and delivery of annual performance reviews, salary reviews, etc.), assist in the development of departmental goals (operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements, succession plans, budgeting, etc.), ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices, and procedures (SOPs, safety procedures, and bio-safety protocols), and other managerial duties, as assigned.
- For the right candidate, the position could be re positioned as Supervisor, Formulations.
About Safety Assessment Business
- Our company is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance.
- From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market.
- Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Manager, Formulations position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in chemistry/biology or related discipline required.
- 5-7 years of formulations laboratory experience.
- Previous experience supervising and/or managing a laboratory under GLP regulations is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of formulations and related procedures, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must have knowledge of protocol and study design.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership/supervisory skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet