Manager for Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
What do we offer?
- Do you have a few years of leadership experience? Ready to take the next step in your career?
- Then this is your chance to manage a global function in a development setting.
- Help us build our new centre of excellence in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering – and play a vital role in applying a structured approach to our innovative thinking.
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering is a new function, and you will have a unique opportunity to influence how we build it and run it. In this function, you join the Motor team – one of our 4 centres of excellence – where we are responsible for the production technology of all components for our company motors around the world.
- Here, you will work closely with a leadership team to share ideas and stay on top of plans. You and the other manager will each take direct report from 10 engineers, technicians and project managers.
- You will refer to Senior Director Peter Christensen. ”You will join our leadership team consisting of 2 managers, 2 chief engineers, 1 lean project manager, a secretary and myself.
- Since the start last year, our new function has gained momentum fast, and we believe it is because we have maintained a close dialogue with our employees based on trust and with the possibility to challenge each other, always in pursuit of the best solution to a problem.
- In a change process, it is important to involve everyone – and to leave room for humour and a smile as we solve our tasks,” Peter says
What is the job about?
- You will manage a global function, possibly with employees based outside Denmark and stakeholders in other company plants across the globe.
- This also entails developing and driving the strategy, plans and activities for your team.
- Travelling approximately 25 days per year to support the company Group in the best possible way according to our core deliverables, you:
- ensure delivery of technology development projects, equipment and solutions for the production of motor components, based on defined and maintained production platforms
- enable support for motor producing production plants across the Group, staying in close contact with management of the plant
- ensure competence building in your own function on defined strategic processes
- ensure support for competence development on key processes in Manufacturing Engineering functions in production plants across the Group
- act as stand-in for the AME Motor Senior Directo
What do you need to apply?
- “On a personal level, you take a structured and systematic approach to your work as a leader.
- We need someone with a good leadership capability and the ability to facilitate problem-solving.
- Also, you need to be able to communicate well to all levels in the organization.
- The ability to get to the core of technical issues and to handle a technical dialogue is important.
- Finally, we are looking for a manager who is “hard on facts but soft on people”.
- You have empathy and also, you can handle the confidentiality of a management team,” Peter explains.
- We imagine that you: - are an engineer or similar with a strong technical background.
- It is a plus if you have experience from a production or development environment
- have a few years of management experience possibly with a management certificate, a Bachelor of Commerce, an MBA or similar
- have experience in identifying and working with value propositions
- might have project management experience.
- It is a plus but not a prerequisite - speak and write English fluently, and it is a definite advantage if you also speak Danish