This job is currently Archived,
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) - United States
Jazz Pharma (company)
Posted on : 24 May 2017
- As a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team, supporting for US Commercial Organization will include managing monthly close and forecast process, assisting in the quarterly forecast and the annual budget process, and providing analytical support to all US Commercial Functions.
- These include Sales, Marketing, Market Access and Commercial Operations functions.
- The individual will also be partnering closely with Accounting on month-end accruals.
- This role will build and maintain strong working relationships between finance and US Commercial business partners.
- Partnering with US Commercial department budget owners to provide monthly reports and operational analysis to help manage the budget and improve forecasting accuracy.
- Participate in the annual budget process and the quarterly forecast process to help deliver on corporate objectives across all commercial business units.
- Driving reporting and forecasting improvements through insightful variance analysis, creation of new informative reports, systems enhancements and process improvements
- Performing timely and accurate ad-hoc financial analyses as necessary to support business needs of the US Commercial organization.
- Work with the FP&A Associate Director and Commercial leadership team to develop and track key performance metrics and deliver key messages.
- Work closely with Accounting on the month end and quarter end close processes, including accruals, reconciliations, pre-paid etc.
- Help with the monthly management and development of the trackers to enable project level tracking.
- Assist in the development of dashboards and reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives and processes.
- Proactively identify opportunities for tactical improvements in commercial operations and shared services.
- Communicate findings, develop recommendations, and present them to senior management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years year’s post qualification experience with strong financial planning and analysis, including experience working in the pharmaceuticals industry and in-depth knowledge of the accounting practices required. Prior experience with accruals a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Strong planning and analytical skills preferable, including superior financial modeling, Excel, and financial database systems skills/knowledge (SAP BPC, Host Analytics, Hyperion Planning, or similar).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.