Manager, Field Communications & Planning Weston United States,
|External Posting Title||Manager, Field Communications & Planning|
|Job Description||In this highly collaborative role, he/she will work closely with senior commercial leaders and other commercial functions to develop strategic communications and field operational planning to optimize field execution and business performance. The ideal candidate is someone who has held formal roles in communications, and/or project management and has had experience interfacing and communicating across a spectrum of stakeholders from senior leadership down to the field level. He/she will have a high level of autonomy in handling a broad range of communication and planning responsibilities. This individual will demonstrate strong attention to detail, ensuring all publications are strategically aligned and support achievement of business objectives. This position is located in Weston, MA, and reports to the Director of Field Excellence & Operations.|
• Partner closely with key leaders in developing a strategic communication plan and associated communications.
• Keep field teams well informed of business critical communications and partners to ensure flawless execution of operational planning at the field level.
• Field Operations lead in partnering with sales leadership, training, marketing and meeting planning team in the execution of key events (Product launches, POAs and Training meetings)
• Optimize field communications platforms and processes
• Lead the creation and distribution of commercial communications across multiple formats (newsletters, email, webinars, voicemail, internal sites, iPad/iPhone apps etc.)
|Location||Weston, MA, US|
|Job Category||Commercial Operations|
• 5+ years biotech/pharma experience strongly preferred in a marketing/agency, sales operations, training, and/or field sales role
• 2+ years in a formal communications role and/or project management role with heavy emphasis on communications.
• Ability to work closely with senior leaders to refine commercial messaging to promote consistent, clear, and compliant communications
• Strategic thinking and ability to take projects from concept to implementation
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex ideas across a variety of audiences.
• Strong project management skills required. Must be able to successfully work in a matrix organization, lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple complex projects
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables under tight timelines
• Collaborative work style, innovative thinking, strong work ethic, and positive, can-do attitude
• Experience collaborating with brand teams, sales teams, HR, legal, compliance, operations, senior executives and other internal stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills including communication and influencing skills.
• Excellent business and editorial writing skills required (i.e., ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating, communications quickly)
• Demonstrated understanding of the commercial communication needs of a growing organization.
• Ability to travel to key POA and internal launch meetings
• Bachelor's degree required; Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English or Public Relations preferred.
• MBA or graduate degree preferred
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Communications, Biotech, Marketing Communications, Marketing Manager, Sales Operations, Marketing, Science, Sales
Find a Job Find Candidates