This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 26 April 2017
- Our company is a leading player in the fast growing global life sciences equipment and supply industry.
- We are specialized in the development, production and distribution of automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments of life sciences, clinical diagnostics and forensics.
- We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company and to be an active member to participate in our business.
- For the Integration unit we are looking for a Manager/Director
- The Manager/Director drives new business opportunities and grows the TIG-US business.
- Manages the Custom Engineering and Project Leader resources in all aspects of the company Integration Group s functions.
- Collaborates with Customers, Finance, Sales and Service to achieve business objectives.
- This position has extensive interaction with customers (lab and facilities staff) to establish and clarify requirements.
- Interaction with various company staff including virtually all company US departments as well as company Switzerland, Austria, other company affiliates, and company Software.
- Serves as a liaison between vendors and potential vendors for third-party equipment at both sales and technical levels.
- Responsible for ensuring all TIG projects are quoted, delivered and executed according to the processes that were created to ensure customer satisfaction within targeted financial ranges.
- Responsible for maintaining (and developing) appropriate processes to facilitate the sale of customized solutions without creating new inefficiencies or barriers to the sales process.
- Involved in the pre-sale process including: customer visits, conference calls and consultations.
- Involved in the discussion of when an opportunity should be a TIG project or can be managed as a standard sale.
- Managing local design control SOP from quotation to realization and completion/acceptance at the customer location.
- Supervises and works directly with Project Leader- and Custom Engineering resources. Rolls up shirt sleeve and helps with day-to-day problems.
- Provide leadership and work with TIG staff to create development and learning opportunities.
- Assist and coordinate revenue recognition process with Senior Vice President Service and Consumables.
- Evaluation of quoted customized solutions to determine financial worthiness.
- Actively track and monitor the success and failure of the processes set forth within the department.
- Review job descriptions for all persons reporting to this manager and identify critical responsibilities of the job, measurable goals, and evaluate whether these individuals meet the requirements. Also, work with Operations, Controlling to identify weaknesses in structure that impede consistent quality delivery of solutions to customers.
- Provide support and training to enable technical staff to understand organizational structure, and thus provide them with the tools to effectively communicate with purchasing, operations, controlling, customer support regarding project management.
- Provides assistance ion difficult customer problems.
- Performs administrative and other miscellaneous duties to maintain daily operations.
- Ability to lead with confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment.
- Ability to recognize and manage potential problem areas and resolve them with integrity.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly is very important.
- Ability to conceptualize.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% (i.e. overnight, customer sites, trade shows, other offices).
- Ability to work well under pressure, to multi task.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- High level of commitment and initiative.
- Proven team player.
- A desire to make a difference!
- 10+ years experience in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or Genetics related field sales support with software/automation/systems/robotics engineering.
- >5 years experience in project management.
- Medical or biotech sales management experience in related company or industry is a plus.
- Experience in establishing budgets, planning, forecasting and P&L.
- Experience in international economics, marketing and information systems is desired.
- Has a proven understanding of both laboratory and engineering principles.
- Experience in integration, troubleshooting, and computers.
- Experience giving technical presentations and sales demonstrations.
- Knowledge of commercial/clinical/research laboratory procedures and investigative methods, with practical experience a big plus.
Durham NC USA
Find a Job Find Candidates