Manager Contracts & Pricing - United Kingdom
- Our company is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients.
- We provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and pioneering spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology innovator. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this job opportunity:
- We are currently searching for a Manager Contracts & Pricing to join the Strategic Pricing & Contracting Team in our Office, Netherlands.
- The main purpose of this position is to review and approve all contracts that trigger price governance, ensure exception documentation is maintained and to adequately support business decisions through solid analytics.
- The jobholder will deliver price analysis and support the affiliates in the submission of Price Certificates as well as lead the price guidance processes for the dedicated countries. The position will report directly to the Head of Price Management and Analytics.
Reporting to the Head of Price Management and Analytics, the role:
- Approves and reviews all contracts that trigger price governance
- Ensures exception documentation is maintained and adequately supports business decisions through solid analytics
- Delivers Price Analysis (IRP, Price Erosion, Price Premium, Situational analysis, Price Planning) to the SP&C Team and RPLs, providing high quality insights and recommendations
- Support affiliates in the submission of Price Certificates
- Keeps GCPS list prices updated ensuring consistency across different systems
- Influence and train the affiliates on contract set up and execution as well as price list structure
- Approve price floors, and escalate when the cases need Regional Pricing Lead (RPL) supervision
- Maintain price list structures and supporting documentation for government price submissions, including government request and submission rationale
- Administer communication between affiliates and region supporting annual pricing processes (e.g. budget, policy, exceptions) in collaboration with the Regional Pricing Leads
- Provide contracting support (aligning contract types to contract strategy)
- Monitor net pricing versus pricing policies
- Conduct ad-hoc analytics using the available pricing tools
- Support the Regional Pricing Leads for Business Cases, including launch sequence optimization
- Implementation and maintenance of pricing solutions including tools and information systems
- University Degree in business or a science based subject (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of directly-related experience in Pricing, and/or Financial Audit, Finance Analysis, Sales and Marketing Effectiveness, Forecasting or Consulting with a successful track record
- Technical proficiency in Data Analysis and Forecasting
- Advanced use of Excel
- Basic knowledge or exposure to databases and Online Analytical Processing applications like Cognos, Business Objects or Oracle
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a highly matrixed environment
- Direct experience in Management Consulting or Analyst experience are a plus
- Prior Pricing and/or Pharma experience preferred
- Our company is a Fortune 150 company operating in nearly 100 countries around the world, we invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
- That’s why, as a member of the company team, we provide you with valuable opportunities to broaden your experience and maximize your potential.
- We ensure our staff are equipped to excel today and tomorrow by leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and modern working environments, encouraging open dialogue and professional debate, and collaborating with world-class talent and institutions around the globe.
- We believe in rewarding those who do rewarding work and are committed to providing careers that can help turn the tide of serious, life-interrupting illnesses.