Manager, Commercial Excellence LATAM - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
He/She will report to the LATAM Business Operations Director and will be responsible to establish clear sales processes and KPIs and ensure thorough monitoring to produce actionable recommendations to help the commercial teams to achieve the business goals improving efficiency and operational effectiveness
The Manager, Commercial Excellence will liaise with local, regional and global business stakeholders to understand, advise and support the strategy, goals, plans, and performance of the LATAM Region.
He/She will provide sales targets and measures for LATAM incentive programs that are consistent with the strategic goals of the business units.
Take a key role with the strategic integration of Sales data perspective into the Marketing development and management process. Through consultative initiatives brings forth current market data and customer issues while interfacing with the field and management teams.
- Work closely with Business Operations Leaders and the Business Units Leaders/Sales Operations Managers to implement a Sales Force Effectiveness approach/methodology at local level and this will include the implementation of regional guidelines:
- Profiling, segmentation and targeting process aligned with BUs recommendation
- Sales force sizing and coverage
- Territory alignment and field optimization
- Sales Force Effectiveness ( Annual productivity objectives, Total target and segments, frequency, Coverage, total calls etc)
- Implement all the necessary analysis to improve SFE (Per RAM, Account, Hospital, Regions etc)
- Productivity/performance Correlation analysis and Potential analysis at account level.
- Work in partnership with LATAM Business Leadership team during the Monthly, Quarterly Business Review and LATAM Countries Business Review in preparation and proactively provide all the necessary support, reports and analyses to the local teams
- Support LATAM Business Operations Lead in providing optimal business intelligence and analytical tools that serve as the basis of decision making for the LATAM leadership team and local markets. These tools ultimately enable actionable insight into the sales and marketing functions and their performance
- Develop and implement automated reporting and dashboard processes at regional and local level.
- Support the Sales Incentive Plan implementation for LATAM, including the calculation on a quarterly basis in order to understand any discrepancy and proactively analyse and provide recommendations of necessary corrections to ensure the achievement of the LATAM strategic goals.
- Provide the necessary support and clear analysis to help the preparation of business case for market development and geographical expansion.
- Contribute to the continuing expansion of the business information / CRM-systems platform and the utilization of these with the objective to improve Sales Force Effectiveness
- Respond with high quality to ad hoc project requests with a sense of urgency and fully addressing the needs of stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical / healthcare with demonstrated success in analytical projects required; specific experience in marketing, sales, and/or commercial training preferred.
- Experience in specialty/orphan drugs preferred
- Extensive knowledge of sales force excellence and best practices.
- Solid conceptual thinking – ability to analyze large amounts of information and extract insights
- Strong Analytical skills. Ability to work with complex data sets, formulate an analysis plan to derive insights
- Self-starter who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm, bringing a positive can-do approach to all challenges
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and ability to explain complex concepts clearly and to a variety of audiences (including insights presentations to senior management)
- Experience with quantitative techniques and statistical analyses
- Ability to Define Business/Functional Requirements.
- Business Analysis Experience.
- A solution-oriented individual with a client-centric orientation always providing the highest level of service
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a team player and project leader who gets results
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Fluency in English and Spanish both spoken and written
- Portuguese fluency would be a plus
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required.
- An MBA or Masters Level degree is preferred.
- Analytical mindset and Business Acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Motivating others
- Drive for results
- Process Management
- Organizational Agility
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Cross Cultural Agility
- Organizational Agility & Comfort Around Senior Management
- Dealing With Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
Miami, FL, United States
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer