Manager, Business Development & Global Alliances Summit United States,
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Work with alliance leaders in
- Managing long term relationships between Celgene and their corporate partners by establishing a high level of trust within both organizations, as assigned
- Managing cross-functional issues and teams, while maintaining and fostering a collaborative working relationship between the parties
- Identifying and addressing issues (typically cross-functional) that require alliance consensus by gaining internal Celgene alignment and driving to resolution with the partner
- Recognize and address problems or potential conflicts at an early stage, support resolution of those issues, and if needed, ensure joint escalation based on agreed protocols
- Managing and directing the alliance governance activities (including supporting joint committees)
- Developing joint alliance vision, goals, and working together principles (e.g., communication, decision-making, issue resolution)
- Ensuring that strategies and decisions are implemented at the operational level and that plans and actions are consistent with the alliance strategy.
- Tracking, communicating, and managing key milestones to assure compliance
- Leading re-negotiation and amendment of the contract as necessary for assigned alliances
- Preparing and Managing the relationship launch
- Providing individual team members on alliances with appropriate training and tools to help them make the alliances successful
- Determining key success factors and metrics for measuring alliance health and success.
- Working with Business Development on new product or company evaluation and deal negotiations, including governance structure and launch preparation
Key competencies, skills, and attributes:
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Ability to build strong, trusting personal relationships
- Ability to create and maintain internal alignment
- The ability to multi-task and handle numerous complex relationships at a time (ramping up effort on a particular alliance when needed)
- Ability to understand and appreciate the needs and perspectives of the partner company
- Brokering skills to assist in solving the many interpersonal issues within and across companies
- Ability to recognize and constructively address problems and conflicts
- Ability to remain calm and composed during stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective joint problem-solving to address key working together challenges
Knowledge of, and the ability to adjust to, different working styles (dictated both by culture and norms of the partner)Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Find a Job Find Candidates