This job is currently Archived,
Manager, API Buyer Planner - Ireland
Posted on : 17 January 2017
This position manages both the strategic and tactical aspect of planning and ordering of key APIs to meet the requirements of internal and external manufacturers to support company business, including driving continuous value chain creation with internal stakeholders and major suppliers for business growth.
- Manage global demand forecast and supply of assigned APIs to ensure no market stock-out. Process the demand forecast into a delivery forecast in accordance with the supply agreement with external API suppliers, including timely placement of purchase orders to meet the required timeline and communicate to/co-ordinate with the receiving sites (internal DP manufacturing sites and External Supply Contract Manufacturers) as appropriately.
- Identify potential issues due to significant forecast changes or suppliers' inability to supply and recommend appropriate and effective preventive, corrective or mitigating actions, including root cause analysis and expected resolution date for review with the API Buying Planning Leader and key stakeholders.
- Monitor and expedite delivery, transit and (if applicable) local release of APIs until the product is available to the receiving sites
- Lead periodic supply review meeting with major suppliers and key stakeholders and develop mid and long term planning to support business growth
- At strategic level, develop and implement best practices across the procurement lifecycle, also engaging and aligning key stakeholders to drive continue process improvement.
- Represent team and lead Global Strategic Sourcing API Buyer Planner in process improvement initiatives. Develop and implement best practices across supply chain value chain, also engaging and aligning key stakeholders to drive continue process improvement
- Support company on resolution of payment issues.
- Set up and update API product information:
- Update all necessary data and information eg financial flow, supplier, supplier's capacity, lead time, transit time, purchase UOM, potency/yield
- Set up the systems, based on parameters approved by the API Buyer Planning Leader, for new API products, or provide the necessary information and data to the relevant support functions. Monitor and expedite timely and correct set-up.
- Update API product information with new/changed information approved by API Buyer Planning Leader, or provide updated information to the relevant support functions and monitor and expedite timely and correct set-up.
- Generate periodic standard reports containing supply performance and inventory situation, and appropriate and effective mitigation plan eg API Traffic Light, Monthly Inventory Reconciliation Report, etc
- Monitor current and projected inventory of APIs at internal and external manufacturers, to detect potential unavailability situations and initiate/change re-supply, as necessary, within company's guidelines.
- Lead and manage tolling of materials to Pfizer and ensure SOX compliance
- Represent Global Strategic Sourcing API Buyer Planner in the US regional supply review meeting
- Pro-actively engaged in budgeting exercise and ensure the forecasted volume of the assigned APIs are in place for the following year's budget.
Bachelor of Science in supply chain management, logistics or materials management.
- 5 years or more of Supply Chain Planning experience
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and systems for sourcing raw materials
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Ability to work effectively in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead small team in projects
- Demonstrated analytical and problem resolution skills for supply chain issues.
- Ability to independently evaluate, assess and initiate action; recognition of positive and negative impacts of actions, decisions, other market forces on business and people.
- Root cause analysis to recommend solution and solve problems
- Clearly convey information through a variety of media to stakeholders.
- Builds and sustains positive relationships.
- Handles conflicts and negotiations effectively.
- Collaborates and works well with others.
- Proactively seeks others for feedback, interest; sharing knowledge; inclusion and involvement.
- Our company is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways.
- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services.
- We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.