This job is currently Archived,
Manager Analysis and Reporting, Safety Assessment - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 25 June 2017
- Responsible for the management of multiple analysis and reporting processes across the Global Safety Assessment finance operations including the, preparation of all necessary data and graphics for monthly site performance reporting and quarterly business reviews, global profitability analysis (customer, service line, study type), consolidation of annual operating plan and monthly forecast data and compilation of global cost saving and capital expenditure data.
- The individual will also work on specific projects to support the Safety Assessment leadership through data driven analysis and assume responsibility for managing the central analyst support function for Global Safety Assessment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the preparation of all necessary data and graphics for monthly site performance reporting and quarterly business reviews.
- Work with the relevant senior Finance staff to ensure these data and graphics are reviewed and updated on a periodic basis.
- Responsible for preparation of periodic global profitability analysis (customer, study type) and for breakdown by region, site and business line as necessary.
- Manage the consolidation of annual operating plan and monthly forecast data
- Manage the compilation of global cost saving and capital expenditure data
- Analyze financial data and extracts and define relevant information for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a future financial probability
- Develop financial reports and dashboards for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Active involvement in the development of management reporting and planning systems and tools.
- Take part or lead in special projects to support continuous improvement in finance or in support of other functional areas.
- Review costs and perform cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
- Perform and present the results of complex statistical, cost and financial analysis of data.
- Prepare other materials and analysis as necessary for presentation to senior management.
- Ensure SOX and other regulatory compliance.
- Direct activities of assigned group to ensure optimum performance of the group/function.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Develop short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Integrate activities with those of other major organizational units (e.g. segments, departments, functions).
- Develop and oversee the implementation of departmental training programs, including orientation.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting or Finance or related discipline.
- Experience: seven to ten years related experience and/or training in financial planning and analysis in a manufacturing environment. Cost Accounting and international / global experience a plus.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification: MBA, CPA or CMA designation desired.
- Other: Advanced MS Excel and Powerpoint skills required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet