This job is currently Archived,
Manager, Accounts Payable Cambridge United States, London United Kingdom, Basel Switzerland,
Posted on : 24 May 2017
- This position is responsible for the efficient management of the Accounts Payable function at our company Therapeutics.
- Primary responsibilities include operating as a working manager by completing and overseeing Accounts payable tasks and operations.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for Accounts payable related task and overall function-driven operations including but not limited to; daily supervision, procurement activities, vendor set-up, timely and accurate posting of payable invoices into the accounting system and the preparation of vendor payments on a weekly basis.This role will liaise closely with others for invoice authorization and will interact with all levels of management.
- This position is a hands-on position with supervision and will report in to the Senior Manager of Accounting while assisting with month-end close tasks.
- This position also requires the ability to multitask in a fast-paced professional environment and effectively manage and respond to competing priorities while working with people across the entire organization.
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Payable Operations, including completing and overseeing vendor invoice vouchering, payment disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters
- Ensure the accuracy and continued maintenance of invoice processing and timely vendor payments
- Assist Senior Manager of Accounting with the month-end close tasks including booking journal entries and preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Address vendor issues and proactively implement, document and maintain best practice policies and procedures that will establish efficiencies within the A/P function Assist with implementing, maintaining and adhering to internal controls as they relate to the Accounts payable function for SOX compliance
- Manage the development and expansion of systems and processes required to execute process improvements where needed
- Manage and assist with SOX compliance testing, annual audits and quarterly financial reviews as they relate to the A/P function
- Act as a liaison between the company and external 3rd parties to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes, as required
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, business administration, accounting, finance or related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Accounts Payable, preferable in the life sciences and/or healthcare industry, with at least 1 or more years of leadership experience
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts required, with degree work preferred
- Experience with ERP A/P system, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong computer and business solution software skills, fast and accurate alpha and numeric data entry required
- Very good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management; strong analytics and problem solving skills
- Experience in the use of data entry programs
- Time management and workload efficiency skills
- Persistence in finishing projects in spite of hindrances; readiness to go extra mile to avoid mistakes and produce new opportunities
- Problem Solving The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Attention to detail Maintains a very high attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data. Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Communication and Teamwork The ability to effectively express ideas in written and oral context. The ability to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Customer Focus The desire to understand and anticipate internal/external customer needs and take action to meet or exceed these needs.
- Decision Making - The ability to make sound decisions using judgment by evaluating all factors involved and potential impact.
- Passion Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of our company to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.
Cambridge MALondon UKBasel Switzerland
Find a Job Find Candidates