- As an employee you will have the potential to make a difference to both patients and society.
- Today, we are thousands of employees across the world with the passion, the skills and the commitment to continue this journey to prevent, treat and ultimately cure diabetes.
- Together we are the leader in improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and aspire to change possibilities in hemophilia and other chronic diseases.
- By improving treatment we will not only keep patients healthy and productive, but we also help their families and their communities.
- We employ more than 42,300 employees in 75 countries who strive to make a difference every day.
- Join us and you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career with a company with high employee commitment and satisfaction and that has been ranked among the best places to work in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Strategic Business Operations consists of the Finance, IT, Logistics, Trade Relations and Financial Planning and Analytics departments.
- The team is looking for a talented person to assist the Director driving the strategy and the performance of the department.
- This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career by supporting a member of senior management in a number of years before advancing into another role within business operations.
- We offer an exciting and challenging role that will provide you with an inside perspective to operations in a sales affiliate and close interaction with the management team in the Strategic Business Operations. You will support the Director in his efforts to drive performance and deliver on many challenging projects in line with the ambition of the department strategy to deliver value for our customers, efficient processes and simplicity in everything we do.
- The job involves a wide range of interesting and challenging assignments supporting the Director in his management tasks including
- Support Director with day-to-day tasks with a focus on proactively improving department operation (“being the right hand person for the Director”)Development of draft Director ad hoc presentations and reports
Project management of assigned projects
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and efficiency through data-driven analysis Acting as a liaison between Director and direct reports and make appropriate decisions on behalf of Director within provided authority
- Contribute to the development of the Department Balance Scorecard and monthly performance reporting of the Balance Scorecard Responsible for the Director cost center including preparing budget, accruals and follow-up
- Monthly review and follow-up on financial performance of other departmental cost centers
- The role involves a lot of coordination and management of tasks with a high degree of decision making and autonomy.
- You will also be involved in cross-disciplinary projects where you will have the opportunity to take an active role in the implementation of new processes with appropriate change management.
- Your career development is important to us - training and individual development plans are key tools to help you in your personal and professional development.
- Our goal is to develop your talent further to prepare you for advancement into another position in the local or global organization.
- You possess a Master degree in Business Administration or other relevant area.
- You will preferably have two to three proven success and experience from working within the pharmaceutical industry which could be from a trainee or leadership development program.
- You must be a team-player with a high degree of independence.
- You have strong analytical skills combined with a pro-active mind-set.
- Your tasks vary from day to day and you are comfortable with running many tasks simultaneously.
- Other key personal qualifications include good communication and project management skills, strong business acumen, a high level of energy and the ability to stay focused while working under pressure. You are fluent in written and spoken English.