This job is currently Archived,
Maintenance Technician - United States
Posted on : 03 August 2017
- Proven well-rounded ability to support direct self-engagement with a wide range of service disciplines covering HVAC systems, electrical troubleshooting, mechanical equipment repair and general maintenance in a commercial FDA registered pharmaceutical processing environment. This is a “hands-on” position in a highly technical fast paced environment requiring past experience related specifically to keeping our production business running.
- This includes experience with electrical systems diagnosis/troubleshooting, repair of equipment and instruments with focus on building automation systems, industrial controls, HVAC, mechanical, and pneumatic devices, motors and frequency drives, Position requires strong self- initiative, self-resourcefulness and the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities. Energetic and passionate attitude required with the willingness to learn and grow while executing assigned tasks in a cooperative manner.
- Must possess good judgment skills that will complement with compliance of a FDA drug manufacturing environment.
- Apply critical thinking and consider all business impact aspects before taking job related actions that could cause unwanted consequences such as loss of revenue, unsafe events and other risks. Able to apply independent judgment and perform in a small company environment, where rapid changes occur constantly.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Perform scheduled P.M.’s on equipment and record all necessary data as required and in accordance with Company SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Assist in installation and retrofit of facilities equipment in accordance with Company SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Keep Maintenance Management informed of all developments on a routine basis.
- Perform necessary repairs to equipment and physical plant as required in a safe, clean and efficient manner to response to maintenance work requests...
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures, practices, and safety rules as well as appropriate industry and regulatory guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Troubleshoot equipment as necessary, working with equipment owners, engineers and equipment vendors. Involved in developing solutions for equipment issues.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the design, proper operation and maintenance of Company process, HVAC’s systems, boiler, air compressors, and water systems.
- Complete required paperwork and documentation, work orders and GMP documents in a clear, accurate and in a timely manner . Develop and encourage good interpersonal working relationships among Facilities staff and with other customer departments. (internal and external)
- Travel to other facilities maintained by company for repairs and/or troubleshooting. Travel may include trips for equipment inspections, training, etc.
- Maintain an organized and clean work space at all times.
- Eventually apply written skills to author assigned document projects including change control documents, SOP documents, Preventative maintenance records, CAPA reports associated with facilities and equipment compliance, etc.
- Accurately follow company policy when using the ADP electronic payroll tracking system.
- Work additional hours to complete repairs to accommodate business needs.
- Work schedule may vary to accommodate manufacturing/processing functions (weekends/shifts).
- Provide “on-call” support on a rotating basis and respond to alarms and document activities.
- Participate in investigations and root cause resolution sessions, as assigned.
Qualifications for success:
- HS Degree or equivalent with 4+ years of experience working in a regulated environment (FDA, NRC or similar performing repairs on production and/or utility equipment. Preferably some experience in a cGMP environment.
- Knowledge of Hand and Power tools
- Familiar working with Control Systems, PLCs & HMIs.
- Capable of lifting and moving up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to do basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Must be able to read P&ID’s and electrical schematics.
- Must be able to use Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong understanding of Standard Operating Procedures. SOP’s
- Familiar working within Computerized Maintenance Management Systems to schedule and document work performed.
- Knowledge of general OSHA safety requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of JCI Metasys Building Management System a plus.
- Knowledge of machinists equipment such as mills and lathes a plus.
What we offer you:
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching