This job is currently Archived,
Maintenance Technician (Temporary) Cork Ireland,
Posted on : 02 February 2017
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- We will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market.
- These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain company s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients lives.
- Our company has a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
- A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- The Maintenance Technician (Electrical) will serve as an integral member of Facility Services Project team in a Biologics Drug substance manufacturing facility.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to lead projects, adhere to schedules and be a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- The maintenance technician will be expected to support the C&Q project team while working closely with the Facility Services department to maintain the overall site start-up schedule.
- They will aim to achieve objectives safely within agreed time, cost and performance criteria.
- This candidate will be required to work closely with a cross-functional team and coordinate activities between Manufacturing, Maintenance and Validation.
- Provide support to the C&Q team and ensure all activities are performed in accordance with the start-up schedule
- Operate and maintain electrical systems such as electrical distribution networks, emergency standby, utilities and HVAC
- Provide technical support to the project team throughout the project life cycle.
- Responsible for ensuring that all electrical systems remain operational, available for use and GxP compliant at all times.
- Setup and review of contracts with company Legal Representatives
- Ensure that maintenance & calibration is carried out in accordance to cGMP regulations, safety considerations and site quality standards.
- Generate, report and analyze key electrical maintenance metrics
- Use of permit to work system or other safety systems to control engineering activities.
- Participation in HAZOP and design reviews
- Ensure that all engineering drawings and documentation are maintained in compliance with relevant cGMPs and GEPs.
- This position ensures the Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Facilities equipment and instrumentation is maintained & operated in the calibrated state necessary to perform cGMP activities.
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer has scope to initiate process, cost and execute continuous improvement ideas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A relevant third level qualification in Engineering or time-served as an electrician with 3+ years experience in a GMP environment, preferably Bio-pharmaceuticals or equivalent industry.
- Work cross functionally to deliver projects for internal customers or as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Work with Engineering firms and contractors for calibration and C&Q activities
Find a Job Find Candidates