This job is currently Archived,
Maintenance Technician Sparks United States,
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Performs mechanical, pneumatic and electrical maintenance (including preventive) repairs, adjustments, inspection and monitoring of production and/or facilities related equipment and machinery.
- Uses judgment and consultation to analyze, troubleshoot and repair complex equipment and machinery.
- Works with general supervision. Prioritizes own work schedule.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, diagrams, and equipment specifications.
- May provide guidance to floor personnel and/or less experienced technicians.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance scheduling.
- Supports installation and removal of equipment, and performance of required corrective maintenance.
- Effectively works in a team setting, supporting team goals and objectives.
- Make effective decisions relative to position requirements.
- Uses judgment to plan, perform, make decisions, troubleshoots to provide problem resolution in performance of all maintenance tasks.
- Prioritizes daily work assignments to meet production needs and department goals.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance scheduling, completion of work orders and tasks as assigned.
- Works with general supervision. Works with external contractors and vendors. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal and written) to external contractors and vendors.
- Using mechanical, pneumatic and electrical skills, must analyze, troubleshoot and repair complex equipment and machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, schematics, blueprints, diagrams and equipment specifications.
- Flexible and adaptable in working with/on a variety of equipment, processes, projects or assignments.
- Understanding and use of trades mathematics, calibration techniques, and precision measuring instruments essential.
- Constant mental and visual attention performing moderately complex work requiring close limits of accuracy and tolerances.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving of equipment and machinery weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Frequently, may work in awkward and difficult positions.
Must be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Use of a PC
- Troubleshooting of Industrial Control Systems (instrumentation, ladder logic, relay logic, VFD, servo etc.)
- Sensor technology
- Basic plumbing (fluid and pneumatic)
- Power transmission
- Basic machining
- Electrical troubleshooting of circuits from low level signals up to 480 VAC.
Additional experience in the following areas is preferred:
- SAP maintenance module or equivalent computerized system
- Vision systems
- Vacuum systems and pumps
Required Education and Experience:
- Ability to work 2nd shift and overtime. Hours may change with business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent & certificate in relevant field plus a minimum of 2+ years of direct experience in the relevant fields
- High school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of 4+ years of direct experience in the relevant fields
Relevant Fields: Electrical / Electronics Technician, Electro-mechanical Technician, Mechanical Engineering Technician, Industrial Programmer, Electrician, Machine Builder/ Repairer, Machinist, Refrigeration Mechanic, Welding Repairer
Find a Job Find Candidates