Perform basic routine preventative maintenance throughout the facilities. Performs transport of materials and/or supplies for the facilities, receipt of loading dock materials, and responsible for inventories of the food, litter and cleaning chemicals pertaining to facility support. Assist with cage washing needs in the facilities.
- Perform basic facility and equipment maintenance (e.g., construction, electrical, plumbing, painting, vehicle upkeep, floor/wall coating/painting, cage repairs).
- Secure facilities (open and close procedures) on a rotating basis. Respond to after-hour security calls.
- Perform read-only monitoring functions for the Building Automation System (BAS).
- Operate and maintain the facilities incinerator. Responsible for waste removal.
- Receive and transport items from the loading dock area; keep free of supplies and debris.
- Inventory, order, transport, and transfer feed, litter and bedding materials.
- Perform scheduled inspections/repairs on assigned facility systems.
- Replenish supplies in assigned areas (e.g., copy machines, feed and litter, water softener salt).
- Sanitize assigned areas (e.g., storage area, litter and feed rooms, boiler rooms).
- Maintain appropriate maintenance logs and other required paper documentations.
- Participate in snow removal and ice remediation activities such as shoveling and spreading deicing agents on walkways and parking lots, where site weather conditions necessitate.
- Assist in moving equipment and office furniture within the facility or between sites.
- Operate pressure washers and industrial cage washers, when assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent. Additional training/education in construction, electrical, HVAC, plumbing desired.
- Experience: 1-3 years preventative facility maintenance experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Valid driver’s license required.
- Other: Must be able to understand and follow verbal directions. Must be able to operate assigned maintenance power tools and equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet