Maintenance Technician (Advanced) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- Performs all maintenance functions of production equipment in the assigned area. Work includes routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines and related equipment. All work to be performed in such a matter to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Review shift logs, machine operator reports, and work orders at the beginning of each shift to keep abreast of production and maintenance activity in assigned area.
- Work with production on a daily basis to coordinate appropriate course of action to maximize uptime and quality performance of respective area.
- Mentor/train Process Technicians.
- Able to operate machinery for purposes of training, troubleshooting, or as needed to support production activities.
- Able to initiate and complete documented troubleshooting studies on equipment to outline opportunities for improvements.
- Document clear problem descriptions, symptom, root cause and solutions
- Identify trends, cycles, and intervals.
- Exhibit elements of reasoning concepts and analytical thinking.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and repair:
- Electrical Control Technology
- AC and DC Motors & Drives
- Breakers and fuses
- Industrial Wiring
- Power Supplies
- Industrial Ethernet Networks
- Robotics Controls
- Must have ability to read and understand electrical schematics:
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- Pressure and Flow Controls
- Pumps, etc.
- Must have ability to read and understand hydraulic/pneumatic schematics:
- Mechanical Technology
- Drive Systems
- Linear Motion
- Use shop equipment to repair or modify parts and equipment (Drill Press, Lathe, and Mill).
- Must have ability to read and understand mechanical and assembly drawings:
- Process Control Technology
- Pressure Transducers/Switches
- Must have ability to read and understand P&ID.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Must be proficient in using personal computers and a working knowledge of software such as MS Excel and Word.
- Must have the ability to analyze, investigate and help solve technical issues involving the equipment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with very minimum supervision.
- Must be self oriented and proactive.
- Must have a good attitude regarding safety and lock out procedures.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Technical school education or equivalent education/experience.
- Strong background in machine maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with machine control systems including PLC’s (AB, SIEMMENS, MITSUBISHI, etc.), servo controls, and Variable Speed Drives, including vision systems.
- Good understanding of GMP’s with experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
Other duties as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.