Maintenance Supervisor (Facilities Operation and Maintenance Supervisor) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- Organizes, monitors, and supervises facilities maintenance and operations.
- Manages and assists in the completion of the day-to-day maintenance activities involving the operation and maintenance of our company’s NorCal facilities.
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of the maintenance staff and vendors.
- Establishes schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services; allocates resources accordingly.
- Monitors the quality of building operations and maintenance and evaluates performance of staff through periodic inspections and on-site supervision.
- Conducts facilities maintenance inspections on a periodic basis.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of the annual budget and vendor maintenance contracts.
- Monitors and controls supplies and shop equipment; orders tools, spare parts, and machinery necessary for efficient support of maintenance activities.
- Assists in the development and organization of preventative maintenance and safety inspection programs for all facilities and equipment.
- Assists in the development and implementation of training staff on facility maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Responds to after-hours emergency calls related to operation and safety of facilities and grounds.
What you need for this role:
- Associate Degree in a related field, trade school diploma, or graduation through a building trade apprenticeship program preferred. Bachelor Degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of operations, services, and activities related to building maintenance and repair functions, including materials, methods, terminology, equipment, and tools utilized in building maintenance and repair practices.
- 5+ years related experience in building and equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.
- 5+ years supervisory experience.
- Read and interpret construction drawings, schematics, specifications, codes, and handbooks.
- Knowledge of principles governing the safe operation and maintenance of building mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of CMMS, BMS / BAS systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively function in a team environment.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels of the business organization in a professional manner.
- Certification in facilities management a plus.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.