Maintenance Millwright - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Maintenance Millwright will regularly perform high-level mechanical installation and maintenance of field/plant equipment and facilities.
- Will provide back up on other plant and field production activities as needed.
- Requirement; of at a minimum 3 year of shop experience, understanding of the R3 system, welding, metal fabrication and sheet metal work.
- Ensures both quality standards and timelines are met.
- Must maintain focus and attention to details to ensure accuracy yet always work toward maximizing productivity without negatively impacting accuracy.
- Must minimize or eliminate contamination and support trace ability objectives.
- Compliance with Quality Plan standards, ISO instructions, safety programs and policies, company/department/location policies and legal requirements is maintained.
- Helps organize and plan ahead, including conducting seasonal prep work to get enough labor, prepare equipment, schedule materials, etc.
- Assures proper set-up, calibration, operation, and maintenance of equipment, machines, and facilities.
- Trade school or equivalent training plus experience.
- Journeyman Millwright or similar certification credentials.
- Three or more year experience mechanical maintenance work.
- Project planning and coordination skills.
- Technical problem diagnosis skills. Requirement; of at a minimum 3 year of equipment maintenance experience in a plant setting.
- Understanding of the R3 system, welding, metal fabrication, sheet metal work and electrical experience will be considered an asset.
- Committed to maintaining high safety and work standards.
- Good verbal, written, good PC skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities.
- Organized with continuous improvement orientation.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls and other control systems, graphical user interfaces, motor starters, gear boxes, conveyor systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Able to read blueprints and ladder logic. Knowledge of telephone systems helpful.
- Skill in troubleshooting electrical/mechanical problems in a systematic manner and able to quickly determine maintenance or repair needed.
- Truck and forklift driving skills, reliable transportation required and a willingness to work in a variety of environments (field, plant, warehouse).
- Ability to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing/sitting for extended periods; Operating machinery, motor vehicles such as trucks and/or forklifts; repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting (minimal requirement 60 lbs.), exposure to weather and environmental conditions (e.g., heat, dust, cold).
- Overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks. Occasional travel required.