Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Performs Routine Maintenance Work according Standard methods or procedures
- Read, interpret, and work from blue prints, drawings, or samples.
- Possess a general knowledge of plant equipment, machinery, piping, & operating procedures
- Basic operation, component and troubleshooting knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Troubleshoot performance of air compressors
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment with all applicable maintenance trade skills including a broad working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and plant utility systems.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and a trade school certification, advanced certification or license in a skilled trade area.
- Must have an unwavering commitment to safety, and work within the framework of a strong lock-out/ tag-out program.
- Programmable Logic Controller/Drives trouble shooting, and programing experience is preferable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the basic principles of electricity, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- General working knowledge of basic operating principles of reciprocating pumps and compressors, valves (actuated & manual), power transmission equipment, and electric motors.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and use technical drawings, blueprints, schematics, and P&ID's (preferred) in evaluating system operation.
- General understanding of troubleshooting basic fluid, pneumatic, and electrical systems using applicable parts and material.