Maintenance Lead Mechanic (Team Leader) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The company industrial Bio science's plant currently has an opening for a Maintenance Lead Mechanic (Team Leader)
- The plant is a 24/7 high hazard operation dedicated to the production of sulfuric acid catalyst pellets.
- This is primarily day shift position (M-F) with some overtime in the form of extended hours and occasional evening or weekend call out work.
- Our company offers an exciting, safety-focused place to work.
- All employees are required to conduct themselves in alignment with the plant’s behavioral expectations of safe, respectful, honest, candid, collaborative, creative, solutions focused, interdependent, and with good operational discipline. The company plant is a smoke free work environment.
- Maintenance team members are responsible for the safe removal, assembly/disassembly, repair, installation, improvement, and preventative maintenance of highly specialized production equipment within an industrial high hazard chemical process.
- Maintenance Lead Mechanic - Team Leader:
- This is a “working” maintenance group lead position. On average, the employee should expect to perform hands-on maintenance greater than 75 percent of the time. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong competency in problem solving, organization and planning of maintenance work, and team leadership are required. This employee must meet all requirements for General Maintenance.
- Perform hands-on plant maintenance and equipment repairs >75 percent of the time
- In-the-field coordination and prioritization of planned and reactive maintenance work
- Assist with in-the-Field coordination of contractors
- Coach, mentor, and train team members. Provide basic behavioral feedback.
- Drive operational discipline
- Assist management with team performance reviews and disciplinary issues
- Collaborate with the team to problem solve maintenance and reliability issues
- Lead daily maintenance startup meetings
- Accountable for maintenance job site cleanliness and upkeep and proper organization of the maintenance shop
- Assist with maintenance work planning and scheduling
- Assist with maintenance stores upkeep and parts acquisition
- General maintenance mechanical skills
- Lubrication systems
- Good machining skills (lathe, mill, saws, etc.)
- Good foundational electrical knowledge
- General metal fabrication
- Operate forklift (certification can be obtained after hire)
- Welding (stick, TIG, and stainless)
- Machine alignment
- Pump rebuilds
- Construction and/or inspection of scaffolding
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Associates degree, trade certifications, or other relevant professional certifications preferred
- Minimum 2 years of industrial plant maintenance experience with 5 or more preferred
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to safely use maintenance tools and equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read technical drawings and schematics
- Good desktop computer (Microsoft office) skills
- Pass pre-employment medical and background screenings
- Pass pre-employment job testing
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of these jobs, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; and use arms and hands to handle, feel, reach, pull, turn, grasp, and carry items
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- See up close and far away
- Talk and hear
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Be able and willing to wear all PPE required for a high hazard, chemical industrial manufacturing environment and completion of maintenance work tasks
- Be able and willing to wear a respirator both continuously or intermittently and throughout the shift
- Be able to work up to 12 hours/day-at any time of day
- Climb up and down staircases, ladders, and scaffolding on an hourly/daily basis to perform job tasks