Maintenance Engineer - Specialty Polymers Orange United States,
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Define and implement plant wide reliability strategies.
- Perform Analysis of Equipment Failures to route through applicable problem solving techniques.
- Recommend and implement reliability improvements to plant wide equipment and systems.
- Provide reliability support to capital project teams.
- Lead efforts to work with process/production/design engineers in defining capital project scope.
- Oversight of project cost estimates and coordinating project design and installation activities.
- Oversight of projects and assure project team development and involvement in appropriate stages of project.
- Responsible for the coordination of work as related to contractors on capital projects and routine maintenance.
- Lead initiatives related to project engineering including design, reporting and cost control to implement projects.
- Provide leadership in safety, continuous improvement initiatives , and maintenance training
- Create and promote an atmosphere focused on proactive continuous improvement behavior to meet/exceed customer satisfaction.
- Support site ensuring objectives, roles and responsibilities are met.
- Develop annual and long term plans for capital projects and required budgets.
- Record and report maintenance reliability metrics.
- Serve as the Pressure Safety Valve QC Manager.
- Manage refrigerant responsibilities.
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering required. Discipline in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of maintenance/reliability engineering experience in a chemical, manufacturing or production environment.
- Proven experience with predictive and reliability maintenance.
- Proven experience with WCM and TPM initiatives.
- Working knowledge of applicable mechanical codes, installation requirements and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to use various troubleshooting techniques to solve problems.
- Demonstrated experience with Failure Analysis and RCA techniques.
- Demonstrated mechanical/maintenance experience with tanks, vessels, piping and rotating equipment.
- Proficient with SAP preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Find a Job Find Candidates