Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the supervision of a Senior Specialist or Associate Director, is responsible for providing technical manufacturing support in the field of engineering, maintenance and utilities (EMU). Provides day-to-day engineering support for assigned area which may include vaccine bulk manufacturing, filling, lyophilization, packaging, and/or mechanical support utilities including power, HVAC, steam, WFI and controlled temperature units. Assigned tasks include support and monitoring of equipment performance and maintenance, propose & develop equipment and facility improvements and troubleshoot process equipment to ensure reliable, compliant and efficient operations. Actively ensures GMP quality, safety, environmental, and operating cost goals are achieved. On occasion, may provide supervisory coverage to ensure supply of a high quality product.
- Works with Operations, other EM&U engineers, Technology, Maintenance Supervisors and mechanics to maximize capacity and assure efficient, reliable equipment operation in accordance with all GMP, safety and environmental regulations.
- Champions the preventive and predictive maintenance program within your area of responsibility, reviews equipment history for reliability concerns, performs root cause analysis, and identifies reliability improvement opportunities and applications for predictive maintenance technologies to reduce maintenance costs. Develops maintenance and repair strategy for bi-annual shutdowns.
- Assists/leads Operations, maintenance supervisors, mechanics, automation engineers, process engineers and Quality representatives in troubleshooting equipment problems as well as investigating manufacturing atypical events related to system failure or malfunction.
- Serves as the project engineer and manager for small projects including scope development, design support, field execution and commissioning/qualification testing.
- Identifies spare parts and stand-by equipment needed to assure maximum capacity and reliability.
- Supports maintenance scheduling and planning processes in area of responsibility.
- Supports positive safety culture and participates in HAZOP reviews and Safety inspections. Promotes open communications, inclusion and team work.
- Authors Standard Operating Procedures or User Manuals and assists in training development for mechanics and supervisors.
- Assists in the preparation of process studies, engineering standards, equipment utilization, and profit plan.
- Explains and enforces all GMPs, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Assist in audits, regulatory inspections and training in the area of responsibility.
- B.S. Engineering, Science, 4 Year Engineering Technology Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Three (3) years of manufacturing experience or technical support group or equivalent.
- Proficient in the following competencies: empowering leadership, flexibility, motivation, teamwork/collaboration, problem-solving, communication, and computer skills.
- Knowledge in the application of engineering standards (i.e. ASME, IEEE, NFPA, CFR 1910, NIST, and/or ANSI).
- Knowledge of cGMP for pharmaceutical and/or vaccine manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, knowledge in reliability engineering (including asset life cycle management). Computerized Management Maintenance Systems SAP)
- Experience with process tanks, mixing and fluid-transfer equipment.
- Experience with autoclaves, washers, and dry heat sterilizers.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Spclst, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Detergent Acids and Base, Alcohol, Cleaning Chemicals
The responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Maintenance, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Engineering, Science