Maintenance Coordinator Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The incumbent will serve as a multi-factory liaison for engineering, maintenance, and construction work to support operational activities. In addition, the successful candidate will utilize the CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) to track maintenance and installation work through its lifecycle and to track equipment performance, as well as ensure that equipment is prepared for maintenance and construction activity before turning equipment over to the crafts and will issue all applicable work permits.
• Manages and coordinates execution of maintenance activities in a manner that complies with all regulatory requirements and minimizes process downtime.
• Indirectly manages a multi-craft mechanic team, including pipefitters, electricians, instrument technicians, millwrights, welders, and carpenters. Indirectly manages contract and project craft resources.
• Completes hazardous energy isolation and issues work permits to ensure maintenance and installation work is performed per EHS standards and without incident.
• Ensures turnovers from the factories to the engineering and maintenance personnel and vice versa are completed in a manner that ensures all GMP, safety, and environmental requirements are met.
• Assists in coordination of time-critical, factory-wide events including process equipment change-over work for multi-product factories, and yearly plant shutdown maintenance events.
• Serves as primary contact for reporting and addressing mechanical issues within the facilities.
• Initiates and executes Management of Change (MOC) documentation, creates and tracks associated work orders, and maintains a status log of area MOC activity.
• Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance is completed according to schedule, to meet quality and safety/environmental compliance requirements.
• Monitors spending charges associated with the maintenance activities in the area to ensure postings are accurate.
Education Minimum Requirement:
•Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in chemical/pharmaceutical manufacturing operations, process technical support, or other related field.
•Demonstrated troubleshooting capability for mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation problems.
•Knowledge of hazardous chemicals/materials and applicable safety/environmental regulations is required.
• Good oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Detail oriented, flexible, and able to independently manage multiple priorities.
• Experience working collaboratively with all levels of the organization, including first-line staff.
• Good understanding of GMP/EHS compliance requirements.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Maximo or other CMMS experience preferred.
•Previous experience as a maintenance coordinator or manufacturing/maintenance/utility advisor is strongly preferred.
•Experience managing large (>30 man/day) shutdown maintenance activities is also preferred along with demonstrated ability to coordinate planned process shutdown work with other (outside) functional groups groups (i.e. utilities, central engineering, contractors, and site engineering).
•Associate/Bachelors of Science Degree: chemical/mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Spclst, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Danville
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: May be required to work with hazardous chemicals while wearing personal protective equipment. Plant is a manufacturer of beta lactam antibiotics.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Bloomsburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Allentown
Job Segment: Maintenance, Pipefitter, Law, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Legal, Engineering, Science