Maintenance Associate - 3rd Shift - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
- This facility spray dries powdered infant formula for the private-label market.
- We are currently looking for a highly motivated Maintenance Associate - 3rd Shift to work Monday night - Thursday night.
Responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting the mechanical aspects of manufacturing equipment and facilities in compliance with standard operating procedures. Completes work orders performing a wide variety of skilled maintenance activities.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency required.
- Five plus years solid work experience in a variety of maintenance skills including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc. required.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Suite and experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP required with the ability to navigate through computer based training systems and use in the course of daily work.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints required.
- Must possess good math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English, including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated cooperative work conduct and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
- Performs maintenance and troubleshoots the mechanical aspects of manufacturing equipment and facilities in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Performs machine rebuilding, repair and troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and moves equipment.
- Completes general work orders and interfaces with other technicians and plant personnel across all shifts in a team environment.
- Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process, productivity, quality and reduce costs.
- Performs special projects and other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
- Works from ladders, man lifts, and requires ability to continuously lift 20 pounds (9 kilograms) or equivalency and up to 50 pounds (22 kilograms) or equivalency frequently. Must be able to stand on concrete floors for 8 hours up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 400 pounds (181 kilograms) or equivalency utilizing a manual cart.
- Must be able to stoop, squat, and bend.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in high areas using proper procedures with ability to have sustained reach laterally and above shoulder height.
- Must be able to frequently grasp objects, small hand tools, calipers, etc.
- Must possess sufficient visual and audio acuity to work safely and accurately in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment to comply with hazardous procedures.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and required overtime through extended shifts and weekends.
- required to wear negative and/or positive pressure respirators daily for long periods of time.
- Must be medically cleared to wear respirators without restrictions.
- Must be clean shaven to seal area of the tight fitting respirator.