This job is currently Archived,
Maintenance & Reliability Lead - Netherlands
Posted on : 30 July 2017
- The production facilities are part of the global company Animal Health production network and manufacture and package animal health products according to GMP standards. our company is working according to the company Production System (MPS), which is based on Lean Six Sigma and inclusion principles. The production organization consists of several Integrated Process Teams (IPTs) and Centers of Excellence (CoEs).
- The IPT (Integrated Process Team) Live Vaccines of the site comprises 3 production departments. The activities of this IPT cover production of live and inactivated viral antigens, preparation of live bulk vaccines and aseptic filling and freeze drying live attenuated vaccines. The production departments are supported by the teams Planning, Maintenance&Reliability, Improvement and Quality Control & - Assurance. The size of the IPT is approximately 180 FTE.
- The IPT is looking for a Maintenance & Reliability Lead (1 FTE) to manage and support the Maintenance & Reliability team.
- The primary purpose of the position is to lead the maintenance and reliability team of the IPT, to keep the assets of the IPT available for production in an effective and efficient manner, to set technical standards within the IPT and to initiate and contribute to the implementation of technical improvements on assets, processes and systems. Focusing on three major functions within the maintenance team: governing, improving and executing preventive and corrective maintenance on assets, processes and systems the M&R Lead functions as asset expert within the IPT and is to be consulted by production on technical issues. As Maintenance & Reliability Lead you will develop and transfer knowledge towards the team. Safety and Quality procedures LSS and Asset Management methods are part of standard work methods. This also involves collaboration with peers on the site and other sites of company Network.
- The Maintenance & Reliability Lead will be responsible, within a multidisciplinary biotechnological production environment, for:
- Leading and coaching of the IPT Live Maintenance & Reliability team (technicians, work schedulers, maintenance engineer; 15 FTE)
- Defining asset management strategy for the IPT in cooperation with the IPT Lead. Assures the identified reliability and availability targets are met and initiates improvements when necessary to achieve those goals. Identifies, analyzes and prioritizes technical business related defects and issues within the IPT.
- Maintaining “technical calendar”: plan for stops that require the shutdown of an entire building or more.
- Formulating, in consultation with CoE Operational Services and the IPT Lead, proposals/business cases for technical improvement projects including deliverables and planning for the development and implementation of proposed improvements.
- Initiating and/or participation in projects in line with the defined IPT Plan. Assures that pre-defined project objectives are in line with compliance procedures and guidelines. Monitors the progress of the proposed improvements, identifies bottlenecks, prioritizes and takes corrective actions when necessary.
- Monitoring, initiating and ensuring administration and implementation of data and documentation in line with the administration procedures and guidelines. Reviews and approves qualification protocol, reports and other documentation. Ensures qualification status of IPT assets.
- Is responsible for the maintenance budget of the IPT. Contributes to the delivery of the budget and realization of financial targets. Gives solicited and unsolicited advice to IPT lead and CoE Operational Services, regarding improvements for more efficient and/or effective maintenance.
- Enhancing and promoting a safety culture within the department and ensures safety and environment policies and guidelines are followed in close co-operation with SHE (Safety Health & Environment) department. Participates in (external) audits or inspections as auditee.
- Promoting and displaying “Lean” behaviors and “Lean” culture. Coaches and develops his/her team. Demonstrates leadership through his/her behaviors in alignment with company Leadership Standards and Inclusive Behaviors.
- Leading the Tier process of the M&R group (daily stand up).
- Hands-on support to the business with problem solving techniques and facilitating root cause analysis or cross-functional investigations;
- Contributing to a data driven decision making process and visualising problems, progress and results
Desired skills & experience
- BSc Mechanical Engineering, (bio) Chemistry/Process Technology- Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a comparable role;
- Knowledge of GMP / HSE guidelines, Plant Maintenance systems (eg SAP).
- Knowledge of (Bio) Process Technology, Operations Management is a pre;
- Strong project management skills, change management skills and proven ability to manage complex projects;
- Demonstrated experience in the use of continuous improvement tools and methodologies;
- Experienced in training, coaching and guiding people;
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn;
- Strong communication skills and people-oriented coaching;
- Results oriented and ability to drive change with ‘Can do’ mentality;
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English.
- Our company is working to help the world be well.
- Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
- We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Our company has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
- Our company Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish.
- We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world.
- We are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work. We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven.
- But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within company Animal Health as well.
- Our company Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
- Our company is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators.
- Our company always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels.
- We expect a lot from our people and company has a lot to offer them as well.
- Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what company values and rewards most.
- If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, our company will be a good place for you to work.
- We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people.
- Our company gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Job Segment: Maintenance, Engineer, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, ERP, Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, Technology