Mach Attd - Tracel, PIC Packing Line - United States
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary
- Under the direction of the Supervisor/Line Operator/Process Monitor, attend Tracell, perform operator maintenance, set up minor adjustments and clear blockages.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Perform adjustments, setups, changeovers not requiring a maintenance mechanic.
- Keep equipment clean and clear blockages to keep machine running.
- Manually load Tracell blank corrugated sheets into the machine.
- Perform other material handling functions related to the operation.
- Operate hand or power truck. Proof required for proper training operation.
- Notify supervisor of any problems with the quality of raw materials.
- Work in other areas as needed.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Materials or Products
- Damage is possible, but can be prevented by close attention to machine functioning.
- Tools and Equipment
- Damage is possible, but can be prevented by considerable care and attention.
- Safety of Others
- Considerable care and attention is required in the operation of the Tracell.
- Care and attention required in keeping work area clean, while following Company's safety procedures, reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to the Supervisor/Line Operator.
- Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of production operation, use of equipment, product flow and movement.
- Good communication skills with the ability to read, write and understand job language in English.
- Knowledge of GMPs. Safety conscious, innovator, visionary and team player.
- Up to and including 2 weeks on-the-job training.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work in a factory environment exposed to some amount of noise. Must wear personal protective equipment as per area.
Potential injuries consist of cuts, bruises and muscle strains. Exposed to moving machinery, hot melt glue and sharp corrugated.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.