LSG Account Manager South/East of the Netherlands - permanent - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Professionally promote and sell the specified range of Life Science products to accounts within the defined territory to achieve or exceed sales target.
To maintain a high level of customer service and promote the company, its products, services and activities at all levels within the market place.
This position is key in improving awareness of the Life Science product portfolio and to support the account management strategy and, therefore, adding a significant contribution to overall Dutch sales revenues.
- To develop the territory by effective planning, forecasting and management of the business in line with agreed strategy. To generate and effectively follow-up the sales pipeline. Liase with a team of Instrument and Technical Sales Support Specialists, Service Engineers and Account Managers. To generate interest for new technology. Identifying long term strategic plans in territory, as well as short term tactical plans.
- To maintain a high level of customer service / contact through regular sales calls. To initiate and coordinate high-level sales activity of products and services. Maintain and build new relationships. Provide information and/or presentations and quotes to customers. Initiate product demonstrations.
- To liaise with Technical Support, Customer Service, Service, Product Managers and Instrument Specialists to ensure customer requirements are met. To investigate and resolve complaints quickly and efficiently.
- To provide market & competitor information and activities and customer feedback to sales team.
- To update customer database and site visit reports and prepare monthly report and forecast for Sales Manager.
- To attend Sales Meetings and represent the company at exhibitions.
- To acquire and maintain product, technical and application knowledge.
- To work in a solution oriented way with a customer focus.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of the life science market and customer needs.
- This requires a thorough understanding of the principle life science laboratory techniques, including protein electrophoresis and blotting, conventional and real-time PCR, immunoassays, cell culture, protein chromatography and purification.
- Exhibit the following personal skills required to effectively perform the job:
- proactive, can do mentality
- negotiation and reporting (verbal and in writing) skills
- good organization/time management skills: ability to work independently as part of a team, effectively plan and handle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize and work effectively to deadlines
- ability to handle rejection, to thrive in pressured or stressful situations, see problems as opportunities when they arise
- Academic degree in (molecular) biology/biotechnology related disciplines, PhD recommendable.
- Field sales experience in scientific sales is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is also appreciated.