Logistics Manager Job - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The successful candidate will lead the logistics function. This entails planning, organizing and controlling activities relating to the receipt, storage, handling and issuing of materials, components, intermediates, bulk chemicals and non- stock items. The control and storage of all solvents. The control of all Shipping imports and exports.
Activities within the Role (but not limited to):
- Co-ordination of area resources to meet production, lab and site schedule requirements
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Merck Six Sigma tools.
- Develop an effective, focused and strong team, understanding their abilities & unique contribution. Broadening their skill set to be agile and prepared for any future business requirements.
- Develop and manage the Freezer, coldroom and ambient storage Strategy under the Supply Chain’s group remit.
- Delivery of area performance to meet or exceed site goals under Cost, Complaince (Quality & EHS), People & Supply
- Ensure compliance with cGMP and specific business compliance regulations
- Lead, promote, participate and supervise the implementation and maintenance of the EH&S programmes relevant to you.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc. and implement and follow-up CAPA’s assigned to you.
- Form part of the Supply Chain Leadership Team
- Contribute to site management operational and strategic initiatives.
• Degree or 3rd level qualification (Business, Supply Chain, Sceince or Engineering)
• Desirable Project Management qualification such as, Project Management Professional
• Preference Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
• Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, etc.)
• With 5 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles with experience in a front-line supervisory role in operations environment.
• Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
• Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
• Leadership skills
• Technical knowledge
• Ability to respond to changing priorities
• Problem solving skills
• Communication skills
• Strategic Mind set
• Professional qualification / business and number of years warehouse/Logistics experiencing in similar environment.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Warehousing Job Title:Mgr, Warehousing
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Munster-Cork
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Logistics, Pharmaceutical, Warehouse, Supply Chain Manager, Engineer, Operations, Science, Manufacturing, Engineering