This job is currently Archived,
Logistics Manager - Ireland
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 May 2017
- Manage and provide effective and efficient shipping support to multiple sites.
- Ensure the orderly stocking and/or timely delivery of merchandise.
- Manage STO lot number selection and quantity with oversight from Senior Management for our company weekly order.
- Responsible for Shipping area design, maintenance, and upkeep.
- Provide management of personnel and operations to ensure achievement of company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage activities of assigned group to ensure optimum performance of group/function.
- Manage the Shipping area physical space. Ensure area maintenance is up to date by direct intervention or coordination with Facilities group.
- Working with Facilities Group design and implement efficient work space for shipping group.
- Manage inventory and inventory support to the company Labs distribution sites.
- Manage Hurricane preparedness of the Shipping Area.
- Working with packaging vendors, and with input from distribution sites, improve packaging durability, traceability, and ease of use.
- Ensure proper inventory practices are maintained and that established inventory levels keep pace with the site needs. Assist Accounting with monthly inventory counts.
- Responsible for maintaining an electronic database to assist in the accurate and efficient tracking of inventory.
- Monitor resources and review against material handling services provided at each site, including special end user requests, establishing appropriate inventory levels within SAP/MRP.
- Work with purchasing to insure that proper and timely replenishment occurs, arranges specialized materials handling and storage requirements, appropriately controls material obsolescence, and is responsible for all material shipping and receiving.
- Ensure that departmental equipment is maintained in good working condition and that departmental area(s) are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for finding cost saving alternative products without compromising quality.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- May assist in development of departmental budget.
- As required, oversee maintenance of group training manual and training records.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) in Business or related area required.
- Experience: 5-7 years related experience. Experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech industry preferred. Experience with SAP preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Effective communication and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated computer skills (data input and word processing).
- Knowledge of compliance requirements