This job is currently Archived,
Life Science Account Manager: Research Reagents & Multi mode Plate Readers - United Kingdom
Posted on : 02 May 2017
Job Description :
- As an Account Manager you will be responsible for increasing sales in the North of UK (inc. Oxford) for life science research reagents and multi mode detection plate readers.
- Key areas of focus for your territory will be reagent products within the Drug Discovery (HTS) product line as well as, Research Products.
- Duties include presenting company capabilities in the marketplace, providing a first line of contact to our prospective customers, working to increase our market share, and representing company in existing accounts.
Job Requirements :
- Increase company’s market share by identifying new customers.
- Maintain existing customer base and grow these accounts.
- Plan face to face meetings with new and existing customers.
- Execute an account “mapping” strategy to identify the key players within each account(s).
- Understand competitors in the market place.
- Develop specific annual growth plans in designated account(s).
- Network within designated account(s) to fully understand their needs.
- Developing proposals to provide system solutions to your customer’s needs.
- Help identify and close business opportunities with sales territory.
- Monitoring sales growth and new opportunities within designated account(s).
- Monitoring overall customer satisfaction with our products and services.
Critical Success Factors:
- Technical Skills: You will be required to have a technical understanding of the products but will be supported by a local application specialist.
- Previous experience either using or selling similar products would be beneficial.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills required enabling you to tailor your style and content depending on the customer base/position.
- We are looking for a candidate who will be enthusiastic not only with customers but also when working with colleagues.
- Team Skills: You will be part of the UK team who support each other by sharing postive experiences, success stories, technical know how and account knowledge.
- Work within a platform where we provide feedback to colleagues on industry trends, customers growth opportunities
- Business & Organization Knowledge: It will be necessary to create a territory plan, a business plan and a plan of key accounts.
- Highlighting how you will retain and grow existing customer and how you will generate new business within the territory.
- Change Management: The market place is an evolving arena which requires company to be flexible in its structure and organisation in order to be successful, this sometimes means that we have to modify roles to suit – you will be expected to facilitate and embrace this change
% of Travel Required : 60-70%